Amazon echo

Found 23rd Jul
Looking to purchase my first echo with a built in speaker, it will live in the kitchen so the sound out it doesn’t have to be amazing but on the other hand I can’t stand rubbish speakers. I have read a few reviews on the original, gen 2 and the plus, and the plus sound quality seem to come out on top. Could someone help me out who has used the three?
Thanks
Community Updates
AskSmart HomeAmazon Echo
9 Comments
Haven't used any, but it's simple.

Echo Dot < Echo < Echo Plus

I believe the Echo Dot has only a 3W speaker, it's not that great.

I'd say the standard Echo is the best for you, Echo Plus has even better sound and has a smart home hub built in, but the Echo has decent enough sound too.
jamie0152 m ago

Haven't used any, but it's simple.Echo Dot < Echo < Echo PlusI believe the …Haven't used any, but it's simple.Echo Dot < Echo < Echo PlusI believe the Echo Dot has only a 3W speaker, it's not that great.I'd say the standard Echo is the best for you, Echo Plus has even better sound and has a smart home hub built in, but the Echo has decent enough sound too.

Thanks for your reply 🏻
I have an echo dot, an echo 1st gen and have just got an echo 2nd gen. The 2nd gen is much richer and bassier than the 1st gen.
i have 2 of the 2nd gen echo dots one is connected to a bluetooth sound var which is great.on there own sound not very good i am waiting for a price drop on the echo plus.............
Thanks for your replies guys, think I’m also going to wait for a price drop on the plus.
I have second gen and think sound is very good, better then my Google home I sold for it
Have you thought about an echo dot + BT speaker. Sound quality will be better and it would be cheaper (depends on what BT speaker you buy).
I have Dot, Echo and Show.
The show sounds the best by far. While some think the screen is a gimmick. The larger chassis also makes a big boost to the range.
Echo plus (plus a free philps Hue bulb) were going for £89.99 a week ago on AmaZon prime day . Won’t that price for a while I think. Echo Plus has same speaker as the Echo. Only difference is It has a built in hub
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants