Amazon Echo Dot

Does the Echo Dot need the Amazon Echo to work - or is it just the Echo without a speaker?

Thanks

11 Comments

My understanding is its just a smaller version

Original Poster

ding

My understanding is its just a smaller version

Thanks. Just wondering if it had a speaker inside.

the echo has extra two high bass speakers that's all

Yes it has a speaker, just not as good as the
echo, but fine for listening news, weather etc

you can connect it to an external speaker either with a cable or with bluetooth. I found I got a few problems with bluetooth so now use a cable

Original Poster

Thanks everyone- gave you all a +1
Ta

Original Poster

MM1966

Yes it has a speaker, just not as good as the echo, but fine for … Yes it has a speaker, just not as good as the echo, but fine for listening news, weather etc

Do you need Prime, or have to pay Amazon a subscription for it to work?

Sambat

Do you need Prime, or have to pay Amazon a subscription for it to work?

​For the basic news, radio and calendar you don't need a subscription. I have spotify and Amazon prime so play a little of music from there.

​ You don't need Prime for the TuneIn Radio, your Amazon cd library, questions, activities or search functionality, or for home automation, but if you have Prime then it'll let you play Prime music as well...so no, not really

just picked mine up, it works fine on its own, I have connected to a bluetooth speaker but im now having to endure my kids ordering her to play annoying party songs

Original Poster

Thanks again, shame I missed the Currys deal, but I am sure they price will drop again, especially as I just read there is a new model coming.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
    2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
    3. love affairs912
    4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions