Amazon Echo Dot Help

Found 27th Sep 2017
I have an Amazon Fire TV 4k and an Amazon Echo Dot, latest version.

I would like to use the dot to control the Fire TV menu by voice through Alexa without needing to use the Fire TV physical remote control.

i can see tutorials suggesting that this is possible by going to the Alexa app and selecting Menu:Music Video & Books and then linking the Fire TV.

However, when I go to Menu I only see Music & Books, there is no video mentioned and nothing in there about video.

Can anyone help me out please?

thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
2 Comments
Just had a look at mine and under the title "Music, Video & Books" at the top of the page there is an immediate dropdown box where you can select your device. By default is shows your Dot - if you have registered your Fire TV on the same account I guess it should appear here. I guess again and assume you will then have video options (I don't have a Fire TV so not sure!).
Edited by: "Van1973" 27th Sep 2017
Original Poster
I have just spoken to Amazon who say this isn't an option yet in the UK, only in the US.

When it is available here in the UK we will see Music, Video and Books in the menu on the left hand panel (not just the header you refer to at top of the page).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions