Amazon echo dot or Google mini

Posted 19th Dec 2019
Going to treat myself tomorrow for my birthday. All I'll use it for really is music. Which one do you suggest?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Depends on what you use - the 3rd Gen Dot has decent sound quality compared to the 2nd Gen, and is better than the Home Mini. I've not seen a Nest Mini to compare. It really comes down to which services you use most - Google of Amazon?
If you want to use Audible audio books, it'd have to be an Echo.
alg19/12/2019 10:28

Depends on what you use - the 3rd Gen Dot has decent sound quality …Depends on what you use - the 3rd Gen Dot has decent sound quality compared to the 2nd Gen, and is better than the Home Mini. I've not seen a Nest Mini to compare. It really comes down to which services you use most - Google of Amazon?

I've got the echo dot 3rd generation. Had it a few months but now its sounding all distorted. I've googled it and seems it's a common pronlem
terriclarkfan19/12/2019 10:58

If you want to use Audible audio books, it'd have to be an Echo.

Just music really
I've had a Google mini and an Echo dot, and thought the sound quality much better on the Google. If all you want is music I would go Google, but for what it's worth I much prefer the Echo.
If it is mainly for music then you might be better off looking for a device with a better speaker. the Echo Dot isn't really designed to be a music player. A decent Bluetooth speaker connected to your phone could be a better option.
echo dot wins hands down for speaker sound quality over the mini
I got rid of my Echo stuff as if was too hit and miss when using voice commands . Have now got Google and it is much more responsive when it comes to controlling smart home devices. Both Echo and Google are ok for music but not really top notch ,then again you wouldn't expect that from such small speakers.
ThomasJohnston19/12/2019 12:04

echo dot wins hands down for speaker sound quality over the mini

Which mini though? The old version wasn't great - the Nest Mini supposedly has better sound quality.
Nally201919/12/2019 11:28

I've got the echo dot 3rd generation. Had it a few months but now its …I've got the echo dot 3rd generation. Had it a few months but now its sounding all distorted. I've googled it and seems it's a common pronlem

Woah there, you've got a an echo dot & you Googled something, you trying to blow up the internet, never ever cross the streams!
richp19/12/2019 13:46

Woah there, you've got a an echo dot & you Googled something, you trying …Woah there, you've got a an echo dot & you Googled something, you trying to blow up the internet, never ever cross the streams!

Say again?
Go for google nest mini £29 in curry’s....
Bargainhead19/12/2019 19:33

Go for google nest mini £29 in curry’s....

Is the volume decent enough
Nally201919/12/2019 20:03

Is the volume decent enough

Yes they improved it over the original, has x2 bass as well compared original...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants