Amazon Echo for kids

Posted 18th Sep
My lad wants an Amazon Echo. What's the best way to go about setting up an account for it? I know I can link my account with Prime, but not really keen on other people being able to purchase things on my account. He had a Kindle years ago and I don't believe that had my account on it. I just don't want any messing about with having to remove my payment methods just by sharing the account.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
This is something that I'd like to know too. I have a couple of Echo Dots around the house and I'd like to put another one in my sons room just for him to use as a bluetooth speaker, my Prime Music, and for maybe controlling a hue light in his room, but I don't want to give him full access to everything else.
You can turn off alexa purchasing/payments in the alexa app. Otherwise just make a new amazon account, although it wouldn't have prime music (is there a family version?).
you can set a pin passcode to stop any purchases
Put it on his own account and then set up as a household amazon.com/gp/…400
dcx_badass18/09/2019 10:05

You can turn off alexa purchasing/payments in the alexa app. Otherwise …You can turn off alexa purchasing/payments in the alexa app. Otherwise just make a new amazon account, although it wouldn't have prime music (is there a family version?).

Will he need the Alexa app to use it anyway? If so I wouldn't want it tied to my account if there's a likelihood of it sharing my recent purchase/browsing history around xmas and birthdays.
Danze198418/09/2019 12:53

Will he need the Alexa app to use it anyway? If so I wouldn't want it tied …Will he need the Alexa app to use it anyway? If so I wouldn't want it tied to my account if there's a likelihood of it sharing my recent purchase/browsing history around xmas and birthdays.

No you don't need the app, I've not used mine since initially setting them up. I'm not sure of you can ask it about orders or not, I've not tried.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants