https://www.comedy.co.uk/images/library/people/300/r/red_dwarf_holly.jpg

orac for me

Awesome post!

Jarvis would be good!

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that

How sad (and lazy !) can a person get

rogparki

How sad (and lazy !) can a person get

We're all going to hug you so very tight until you forget how cruel this world can be.

g1bbuk

I'm holding out for 'Holly'.

​You sure that's not deeky? X)

Eddie the computer,
my robot is Marvin.

shadey12

Eddie the computer,my robot is Marvin.

Are you very depressed ?

I would like the robot out of Fireball XL5 because after it has repeated your request the world has ended or you no longer need what you asked for.

Do any of you lovely lot have a method to wake my computer via lan from echo?

alltaken123

Do any of you lovely lot have a method to wake my computer via lan from … Do any of you lovely lot have a method to wake my computer via lan from echo?

The anymote app can be controlled by Alexa and has a wake on lan command:
play.google.com/sto…ry4

DVS_Dee

The anymote app can be controlled by Alexa and has a wake on lan … The anymote app can be controlled by Alexa and has a wake on lan command:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.remotefairy4

I think it involves texting? is that correct?

alltaken123

I think it involves texting? is that correct?

I've not got around to trying it, but I don't think so.
In the app create a new macro named "start pc" > add a command to the macro (choose the Wake on lan command) > select your pc (or enter your NIC's MAC add) > Then say to alexa "tell anymote to start pc".

I'll have a tinker with it over the weekend if I get a chance.

DVS_Dee

I've not got around to trying it, but I don't think so.In the app create … I've not got around to trying it, but I don't think so.In the app create a new macro named "start pc" > add a command to the macro (choose the Wake on lan command) > select your pc (or enter your NIC's MAC add) > Then say to alexa "tell anymote to start pc".I'll have a tinker with it over the weekend if I get a chance.

Thanks, I'm using iOS and the app won't even let me create a remote or edit one, it's insistent that it finds the remote first.

alltaken123

Thanks, I'm using iOS and the app won't even let me create a remote or … Thanks, I'm using iOS and the app won't even let me create a remote or edit one, it's insistent that it finds the remote first.

Ohh, I think the ios app only works if you a the physical hardware version of anymote.

DVS_Dee

Ohh, I think the ios app only works if you a the physical hardware … Ohh, I think the ios app only works if you a the physical hardware version of anymote.

Looks like I'm buying a logitech hub unless you have a better suggestion?

alltaken123

Looks like I'm buying a logitech hub unless you have a better suggestion?

Logitech hub does look like a great device to use with alexa, the only reason I didn't get one as I went for the cheaper option and got a Broadlink rm pro, it doesn't work out the box like the logitech hub does but with a bit of tinkering you can get it to control quite a few devices. I've got it doing my home entertainment. I've also been using a raspberry pi with alexa by getting it to emulate a wemo switch, i'm pretty sure I could do wake on lan using it too.

Just to add to above ..... I'm not sure if the broadlink even works with ios.

Thanks again, I'm hopeful the hub will cover most of my needs and have seen what looks to be a great deal over at amazon.

amazon.co.uk/Ama…ony

I may get one now
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would56
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846377
    3. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2630
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047138

See more discussions