Expired

amazon exchange item (price I have to pay if I don't return the initial one)

Found 12th FebEdited by:"dealchaser888"
Hi, I ordered a coat and it is not fit. I had done a exchange order and the new item turned up very quick and fit me so I intend to post the initial coat back when I have more free time.

My best friend came to visit yesterday and like the item. However the price now had gone up three times so he could not afford the new price.

I know amazon would charge me if I don't return the old one within 30 days.

My question : how much I have to pay if I keep the initial and exchange item, would I pay the old price or the new three-fold one?

PS at the time request the exchange the price still not rise yet (also when the new item arrives)

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Why not start a chat and ask them? Surely they will tell you
15 Comments
They will charge you to the price you paid if they have already refunded you.
Original Poster
pricesavvy5 m ago

They will charge you to the price you paid if they have already refunded …They will charge you to the price you paid if they have already refunded you.

hi, many thanks for your advice

I request a exchange so amazon do not need to refund me, I just worry if I keep the initial one for my friend and how much I need to pay for these "exchange and not return case"
Original Poster
bobac6 m ago

HI, thanks, I prefer learn more about such first as I understand sometimes I might get different comments from different amazon customer officers.

(It did happen to me before, I asked for some advice about ordering and I got totally different replies)
dealchaser8889 m ago

HI, thanks, I prefer learn more about such first as I understand sometimes …HI, thanks, I prefer learn more about such first as I understand sometimes I might get different comments from different amazon customer officers.(It did happen to me before, I asked for some advice about ordering and I got totally different replies)

I was recently charged for the replacement for an item that I didn't return and the amount charged was the prevailing price at the time of the charge, not the original purchase price.

I'll mention for completeness, though not the same as your case here, that in my case this was after they'd explicitly confirmed to me - twice - of not being expected to return it, so I'm getting a refund of that charge.
Original Poster
Illusionary17 m ago

I was recently charged for the replacement for an item that I didn't …I was recently charged for the replacement for an item that I didn't return and the amount charged was the prevailing price at the time of the charge, not the original purchase price.I'll mention for completeness, though not the same as your case here, that in my case this was after they'd explicitly confirmed to me - twice - of not being expected to return it, so I'm getting a refund of that charge.

thanks so much for sharing your very interesting story, much appreciated
I could not find any term and condition on amazon website about such, only knowing I have to pay if not return item in 30 days, so I am very grateful for all the advises and helps here.
Edited by: "dealchaser888" 12th Feb
It really all depends on what story you give them and who helps you at the time. I was once buying a laptop from amazon US and was told by the support member that the import fees that I will be charged are restored by amazon as it’s an Amazon sold item. I made sure he confirmed it and took a screenshot of the chat just in case. Low and behold after 6 weeks of waiting (he told me that’s how long it takes) I contacted Amazon again to ask why I didn’t get the refund yet. They said that they don’t really do that but after I provided screenshots of my chat where I was promised that (and it was key to my buying decision) they couldn’t really back down so I was allowed the refund of the import (around 200 usd). Bottom line is - talk to chat and see if they say you have to pay original price. If so, screenshot it and be done with it. If you get charged the higher sum chat with them again and say you where promised the lower rate hence why you kept it. Could always use that as an excuse for late return
Original Poster
bobac18 m ago

It really all depends on what story you give them and who helps you at the …It really all depends on what story you give them and who helps you at the time. I was once buying a laptop from amazon US and was told by the support member that the import fees that I will be charged are restored by amazon as it’s an Amazon sold item. I made sure he confirmed it and took a screenshot of the chat just in case. Low and behold after 6 weeks of waiting (he told me that’s how long it takes) I contacted Amazon again to ask why I didn’t get the refund yet. They said that they don’t really do that but after I provided screenshots of my chat where I was promised that (and it was key to my buying decision) they couldn’t really back down so I was allowed the refund of the import (around 200 usd). Bottom line is - talk to chat and see if they say you have to pay original price. If so, screenshot it and be done with it. If you get charged the higher sum chat with them again and say you where promised the lower rate hence why you kept it. Could always use that as an excuse for late return

Hi, thanks a lot for your helps and sorry for all your hardship to deal with amazon, having to chase it back for the promised cost (a large sum too!).

If I faced something like that I would have had loads of sleepless night even after it solved. I would need huge energy to go through all the hops and loops to get them listening and get the right results back.

(maybe it just me, I would feel : sometimes the suffer would be more then just money, I would feel I am too stupid to get into such traps, I would have days of depression and blame myself why do shopping, no shopping, no troublesome follows )

thanks god in the end you get your money all back.
Edited by: "dealchaser888" 13th Feb
You seem to care more about your friend than the price. Its half , half that Amazon may give it to you at the first price but when you got the replacement, what was the price then?

If it was the same price as the first order then you will get charged the same so say it was £89 on first order, then £89 on replacement but you checked yesterday its £280 then you will only pay the £89.

Get your friend to pay a deposit first then ring, safest way.
Edited by: "Misslovely" 13th Feb
Original Poster
Misslovely10 h, 44 m ago

You seem to care more about your friend than the price. Its half , half …You seem to care more about your friend than the price. Its half , half that Amazon may give it to you at the first price but when you got the replacement, what was the price then?If it was the same price as the first order then you will get charged the same so say it was £89 on first order, then £89 on replacement but you checked yesterday its £280 then you will only pay the £89. Get your friend to pay a deposit first then ring, safest way.

thanks a lot for all the great details and super advice , much appreciated
Edited by: "dealchaser888" 13th Feb
Original Poster
HI, all

many thanks for all the lovely advises, much appreciated.

Learning so much, I feel more confident and equipped soI had make contact with amazon, I get reply now : - "you won't get additional charge for the replacement orders"

I am very happy with all the helps here
That hasn't solved your problem. If you wont send the first order then you will get charged for the 2nd order
Original Poster
Misslovely54 m ago

That hasn't solved your problem. If you wont send the first order then you …That hasn't solved your problem. If you wont send the first order then you will get charged for the 2nd order

thanks a lot , it is OK, the replacement one fit me well, I suppose to send back the initial item and now my friend could keep it, so I would be out of pocket for twice, but it is good for me and my friend as we both pay for the initial price not the inflated new price.

The initial one fit my friend nicely and my friend is happy to have it but would not afford to pay for the new super high price. It is great for us and I happy for my friend too.
Just don't wear them at the same time when out in public together, you'll look like a right pair of oddballs.
Original Poster
dataload32 m ago

Just don't wear them at the same time when out in public together, you'll …Just don't wear them at the same time when out in public together, you'll look like a right pair of oddballs.

hi, thanks for the head up , I think we should be fine as it is in black and style like a lot of those common waterproof coat.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants