Amazon finance?

Posted 2nd Nov
Bought a saw from Amazon that was £249,99 and I had the option to pay £49.99 plus £4.99 postage and then £50 a month until paid. I’ve never seen this option before, does it apply to other items?

I didn’t take the option as I prefer to pay in full.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Yea comes up on different high priced items... Well has for me anyway eg huawei laptop when I was looking at them
So it’s not limited to a certain type of products, ie; woodworking tools in my case? I also see it doesn’t come with a finance/credit check. Surely that must have bitten them in the backside more often than not?
Not sure never took it but if you've got cards linked to it they would just take full balance if u missed one no?
BadMF02/11/2019 18:59

So it’s not limited to a certain type of products, ie; woodworking tools in …So it’s not limited to a certain type of products, ie; woodworking tools in my case? I also see it doesn’t come with a finance/credit check. Surely that must have bitten them in the backside more often than not?

I believe you need to have had an amazon account for “x” amount of years and have a really good payment history with them.

I’m guessing it’s mostly for folks who would rather not loose their amazon account for not paying up (and loose a big convenience). But yeah I’m sure a few have taken advantage of it
38887256-pOLgc.jpgit doesn't have to be high priced items, no idea what the criteria is though.
Edited by: "Asura" 2nd Nov
From what I’ve googled, the amazon products (fire, Alexa etc) have always had the option to split payment (capture more of the market I guess)
Monthly Payments
Pay for your product in five equal monthly payments: no finance charges, no interest or hidden fees, and no credit check or application required.
How it Works
Select the monthly payment option when you Add to Basket, in your Basket, or at checkout.
At checkout, your initial payment will include your first monthly payment plus delivery costs in full. We'll charge your credit card when we dispatch your product. Each monthly payment will include the appropriate portion of VAT.
The remaining balance will be automatically charged to your credit card in equal installments according to the number of payments indicated when you selected the monthly payment option, every 30 days from dispatch date. By placing your order via monthly payments, you authorise us to charge your credit card or another available credit card on file with us for each monthly payment
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants