Amazon Fire 4k, how to read NTFS memory sticks?

Found 25th Jul 2016
Please could someone kindly give me a walkthough of how to allow my amazon fire 4k read NTFS memory sticks??

Ideally I want to play movies from memory stick.

Thanks
Community Updates
4 Comments
"The Fire TV only supports USB drives formatted with a FAT32 file system. NTFS, exFAT, HFS, ext#, and other file systems are not supported. If you insert a USB drive with a file system other than FAT32, the Fire TV will ask if you’d like to format the drive. Also, if the USB drive has multiple partitions, the Fire TV will only use the first FAT32 partition it detects. The FAT32 file system only supports file sizes up to 4 GB. Many HD movie files are larger than 4GB, so this means you will not be able to store these types of files on a drive that the Fire TV can read."
SOURCE

However, you might want to try this method - HERE. Bit of a hassle though.
Edited by: "GNKelly07" 25th Jul 2016
GNKelly07

"The Fire TV only supports USB drives formatted with a FAT32 file system. … "The Fire TV only supports USB drives formatted with a FAT32 file system. NTFS, exFAT, HFS, ext#, and other file systems are not supported. If you insert a USB drive with a file system other than FAT32, the Fire TV will ask if you’d like to format the drive. Also, if the USB drive has multiple partitions, the Fire TV will only use the first FAT32 partition it detects. The FAT32 file system only supports file sizes up to 4 GB. Many HD movie files are larger than 4GB, so this means you will not be able to store these types of files on a drive that the Fire TV can read."SOURCEHowever, you might want to try this method - HERE. Bit of a hassle though.

Found this but it's for mac. I will follow and post results. Thanks
To format your USB to FAT32 takes 20 seconds to do youtube.com/wat…d-o
Instead of formatting a microSD card your doing it to your USB drive, reason being is because its an android device.

Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 26th Jul 2016
Thanks however i would like the freedom to put larger files on a NTFS stick (>4gb). Fat32 only allows up to 4gb.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants