Amazon fire hd 8 vs the kids version

Posted 29th Mar
Hi all,

Still on the mooch for 2 kids tablets.
So after looking. I can’t seem to find if I can just purchase the normal version and add a kids mode so it has the safe interface as the kids version?

Does anyone know the actual difference between them apart from the kids one coming with a case?

Thanks again
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
They're the same other than the case and warranty.

Also the kids subscription isn't really worth it, you still get tons of kids content anyway once you make a kids profile.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 29th Mar
dcx_badass29/03/2020 21:06

They're the same other than the case and warranty.Also the kids …They're the same other than the case and warranty.Also the kids subscription isn't really worth it, you still get tons of kids content anyway once you make a kids profile.

Thank you, that’s what I was wondering could I still make a kids profile that was safe to use for a child that had no access to apps ect? Which is exactly what the kids version does? Sorry I don’t understand the fire tablet. Thanks
My boys have the amazon fires and i just pay £3.99 a month for youngest to play on kids games etc. He has his own profile and automatically loads up his kids stuff but if i change profile to mine (with a password) i can use it like a normal tablet and access security feature etc. Hope that make sense
dratsabasti29/03/2020 21:14

Thank you, that’s what I was wondering could I still make a kids profile t …Thank you, that’s what I was wondering could I still make a kids profile that was safe to use for a child that had no access to apps ect? Which is exactly what the kids version does? Sorry I don’t understand the fire tablet. Thanks

Yes it's exactly the same. Also you don't need to pay the £3.99 a month, most people who do would probably notice no difference if they cancelled it. You get all the filtered youtube content and kids themes as well as games anyway.
Just an FYI with the kids one - if it gets broken in the 1st 2 (i think) years, amazon will replace it free of charge, no questions asked. My niece broke hers & they replaced it no quibbles
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions