amazon fire stick

9 Comments
Depends what your requirements are.....
rugbymike

Depends what your requirements are.....

This is the correct answer.

Because if you're looking at getting something to light a BBQ with that's using wood from South America then definitely not (the name can be very misleading!).

However, if you're looking for a decent streaming device which has access to lots of Apps including Netflix and Amazon Prime Video then yes very much so.
Edited by: "ipswich78" 31st May 2017
I think the Roku is better
Yes for us. Turns our dumb plasma in to a smart TV and we use prime next day delivery. Free books, music. Unlimited cloud storage I have not bothered with yet
Depends if your a prime member
Or
Want to install kodi or other streaming apps.
Answer yes to any of the above it works well.( If going to use steaming apps,get the new firestick or you will not be able to install run a VPN.wich you will need)
If you want Kodi with its dodgy pirate plugins then yes....
If your not fussed about Kodi and only want Catchup TV, streaming services and Plex then a Roku box is faster and simpler .
I googled jailbreak a firestick and it mentioned kodi and using a vpn, seems alot of work. Would i need a vpn constantly running when i used it?
bigworlds

I googled jailbreak a firestick and it mentioned kodi and using a vpn, … I googled jailbreak a firestick and it mentioned kodi and using a vpn, seems alot of work. Would i need a vpn constantly running when i used it?

​You don't currently need a vpn...
I've a Firestick and loaded Mobro and Lodi plus the usual legit stuff ......tis good when I'm sent upstairs to watch the footie and f1 unplug downstairs and plug in upstairs

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants