amazon fire stick

Found 27th Aug 2017
hi everyone can anyone tell me if I buy an amazon fire stick can I take it out when I travel and use it whilst away or do I need to buy 2 fire sticks
also I have been told that I need to plug the fire stick into the mains is this correct, as I presumed being a usb stick the tv would charge it when the tv was switched on
many thanks for any info you can give me

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

You just need one Firestick but you need a wireless internet connection for it to work. It does plug into the mains as its not usb
31815667-BpEwD.jpg it plugs into the Hdmi port in the back of the Tv

Could always use a battery pack should cover you for a few hours at least.
Edited by: "darksideby182" 27th Aug 2017

You can plug the power cable into a USB port on the TVs to power it. And yes you can take it anywhere and use it as long as you have an internet connection.

bo84gle41 m ago

You can plug the power cable into a USB port on the TVs to power it. And …You can plug the power cable into a USB port on the TVs to power it. And yes you can take it anywhere and use it as long as you have an internet connection.

Not all tvs have enough power to the USB port to power the fire stick.

It may have to be powered from the mains.

Mine does.

Original Poster

thanks everyone much appreciated your feed back

Bare in mind that most free wifi networks like hotels are throttled and only really suitable for Facebook and Twitter browsing. The won't be strong enough to stream without massive buffering. Also, things like the BBC app won't work without a vpn if your bringing it abroad.

Original Poster

GlentoranMark2 h, 36 m ago

Bare in mind that most free wifi networks like hotels are throttled and …Bare in mind that most free wifi networks like hotels are throttled and only really suitable for Facebook and Twitter browsing. The won't be strong enough to stream without massive buffering. Also, things like the BBC app won't work without a vpn if your bringing it abroad.

oh ok thanks for that info

bo84gle16 h, 56 m ago

You can plug the power cable into a USB port on the TVs to power it. And …You can plug the power cable into a USB port on the TVs to power it. And yes you can take it anywhere and use it as long as you have an internet connection.

Are you sure about this working in countries like Thailand, that's different to what I've heard

Set up a wireless hotspot on your phone and you're good to go
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants