Amazon fire stick/ chrome cast / other

Found 24th Jun 2017
Morning all
Looking for something extra for my TV, have netflix and xbox one and was wondering to add android functionality and kodi to it..
Any suggestions? Something that is fairly quick in use, can maybe run some games or apps... U know something niceeee :))

I've got 4k TV so 4k streaming would be nice bonus but not necessary...

Thanks in advance

13 Comments

I wouldn't ever stray away from my chromecast

Virtually any AMLogic-based Android box with minimum 2GB RAM + optional but beneficial backlit mini keyboard+mousepad. Random example with 3GB RAM + 32GB storage £42.99 delivered fulfilled Amazon amazon.co.uk/dp/…VU/ plus optional USB rechargeable mini kb+mp with backlit UK layout £8.80 (indc 5% discount promo) amazon.co.uk/gp/…HW/

Agreed love my chromecast have an audio one too...
Edited by: "intuder" 24th Jun 2017

AndyRoyd

Virtually any AMLogic-based Android box with minimum 2GB RAM + optional … Virtually any AMLogic-based Android box with minimum 2GB RAM + optional but beneficial backlit mini keyboard+mousepad. Random example with 3GB RAM + 32GB storage £42.99 delivered fulfilled Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K74KHVU/ plus optional USB rechargeable mini kb+mp with backlit UK layout £8.80 (indc 5% discount promo) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0716V1CHW/

Hello,
How does this compare to a fire stick?
I know fire stick is smaller, not sure if it needs an external power supply. But I've seen someone with swiftstreamz.apk and open box on. And have been considering getting it. is this better? Or even chromecast
Thank in advance
Edited by: "bkpatel" 24th Jun 2017

bkpatel

Hello, How does this compare to a fire stick? I know fire stick is … Hello, How does this compare to a fire stick? I know fire stick is smaller, not sure if it needs an external power supply. But I've seen someone with swiftstreamz.apk and open box on. And have been considering getting it. is this better? Or even chromecast Thank in advance

The referenced 3GB RAM box is obviously less discreet that AFS or CC. Box has multiple ports inc multiple full size USB to accommodate external devices (memory sticks, hard drives, game controllers, etc,) AFS does not. Box has a LAN port, AFS does not. Box can output audio-only via analogue connection, AFS cannot as it has no analogue output. Box supports 4k, AFS does not. Box supports 10 bit x265 / HEVC, AFS does not. Box has 3 (three) times the amount of AFS RAM and the performance benefits are startling from a base of adequate. The box has 4 (four) times the amount of storage. Box has no limitations on what apks can be installed, AFS will require sideload hack to bypass Amazon-decreed non-suitable apks. Box can be summarised as being more flexible than AFS although some users may prefer being cosseted and restricted by Amazon's choice of what uses the AFS has. Chromecast is essentially a one-function device and is superb if that one function is the specific function required and there is an available wifi network where that function is required. Some peeps prefer the control-by-phone arrangement used by CC; others prefer a TV-like remote or air-mouse options. In all cases the box is more flexible and has significantly higher performance; just depends if the user needs or even wants that flexibility and performance.

I've got Apple TV, chromecast and an Amazon firestick.

In order of preference #1 = firestick #2 = Apple TV #3 = chromecast.

I don't like the chromecast at all.

Btw firestick works well with kodi (apparently).

Fire TV box for 4k content

I love my fire stick, can't fault it. mind you the bloody remote is so small sometimes hard to locate lol

Shield TV, best Android box out there, Chromecast is built in, does NetFlix etc in 4k. Plenty of gaming to be had on it too.

firestick is the best option

Got a fire stick and a chromecast and i prefer the fire stick, for me it does everything the chromecast does and more
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions