Amazon fire stick or an Android tv box?

Amazon fire stick or an Android tv box, which one is better?

15 Comments

Question has been asked and answered dozens of times, have a gander at the search function.

And with the lack of your needs known to anyone you can't get a reliable answer.

For netflix and prime and some catch up, the stick is great.

Android Tv

android box all the way.love it and don't pay sky or virgin a penny.lol.

Depends what your wanting it for, I've got a pretty popular YouTube channel and people ask me all the time whats best!
Don't get me wrong I love the stick, so easy to take to peoples houses and stuff. I ended up upgrading to the 4k FireTv box which is 100x better.
Android boxes are a hit and miss

Android box hands down

fire stick hands up

richje100

Android box every time.i have this to replace my firestick

What's your experience been with this box compared to other android boxes you've used?

rally

What's your experience been with this box compared to other android boxes … What's your experience been with this box compared to other android boxes you've used?

I have the M8S (non-mini) and it's been perfectly fine so assume mini is good to and probably will be fine for most, I found fire stick to run at near full CPU when running Kodi.

Just install Kodi from google play store and install a build (compromises of popular apps all into one so you don't have to install the plugins manually) like Beast and you're off.
Edited by: "kiish" 7th Oct 2016

rally

What's your experience been with this box compared to other android boxes … What's your experience been with this box compared to other android boxes you've used?

Wish I'd bought the box instead of the stick. Doesn't overheat like the stick, doesn't freeze up like the stick, and I don't seem to get tons of buffering like the stick.
I recommend this box to friends in work who also bought it.
Like the other poster, it comes with kodi but remove it and reinstall it from google play. Also install mobdro aswell and your good to go

Fire tv box with amazon controller

Android box anytime as it can do so much more.

I've got a Beelink Mini MXIII (there's a newer version of this out now called the Mini MXIII II, to confuse matters - and there's also a Mini MX :p).

Got Wookie on it (Wookie users - if you're having trouble updating, there's a new source website link), an illuminated keyboard/touchpad, and LOVE it - watch it just as much as "normal" TV. I have heard the Firestick can be a bit slow and laggy...can't comment on this personally as I haven't used both.

If you're getting an Android box, get a 2GB RAM option.

Original Poster

sydney871

Android box anytime as it can do so much more.

Thanks for the reply. What can a Android box do that a fire stick can't?

Firestick isn't android is amazons own os, if u get a decent box like an nvidia shield you can play games on it. You get google play store instead of amazons naf store. U don't need to side load kodi etc... just download it from the store.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?33
    2. Nike Apple Watch 42mm23
    3. Help choosing an Android box please.55
    4. Virgin Media - what is a good price?11

See more discussions