Posted 20th Nov 2021
Can't find any answers anywhere so asking HUKD.

Set up a Fire tablet with Playstore and apps earlier.

The few apps I've installed have notifications turned on and apps (e.g. HUKD, Twitter) are not even showing under recent notifications.

Apps like Gmail are showing under recent , but again not getting any notifications for new emails.

So this is also a heads up for anyone thinking about purchasing a Fire tablet/installing Play Store on it with regards to app notifications to how limited functionality of it is.
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment
7 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Is there a ‘do not disturb’ mode of some sort that has been activated by accident
  2. Avatar
    Author
    sm969020/11/2021 11:58

Is there a ‘do not disturb’ mode of some sort that has been activated by ac …Is there a ‘do not disturb’ mode of some sort that has been activated by accident

DND is off.

I'm just going to send it back and get a iPad or Samsung like I should have done in the first place as I need notifications.
  3. Avatar
    I was looking into buying a fire tablet for my mums Christmas and had read somewhere last night that it is designed and operates on FIRE OS and not all google play features are supported or compatible and advised to go through Amazon store for apps to fully work…this could maybe be the reason for no notifications.
  4. Avatar
    Author
    Mich8ll820/11/2021 13:14

I was looking into buying a fire tablet for my mums Christmas and had read …I was looking into buying a fire tablet for my mums Christmas and had read somewhere last night that it is designed and operates on FIRE OS and not all google play features are supported or compatible and advised to go through Amazon store for apps to fully work…this could maybe be the reason for no notifications.

Yeah I thought that could happen, but there is nothing on it via online/YouTube searches.

Surprising unless people don't consider notifications as a deal breaker like I do.
  5. Avatar
    Never had issues with notifications for any Google/playstore apps on my fire HD 10
    Edited by: "Byno" 20th Nov
  6. Avatar
    it works on my Fire HD 10 2017 but not on the new 2021
  7. Avatar
    Zanza02/12/2021 07:36

it works on my Fire HD 10 2017 but not on the new 2021

Yes my 2021 fire hd10 no gmail notifications, my wife's 2020 9th generation works fine.
Post a comment
Top Merchants