Amazon Fire tablets from Argos

Found 24th Nov 2017
Does anyone know if the Fire HD tablets from Argos have the "special offers" lock screen or not? can't seem to see for looking. My guess is yes as they're the same prices as Amazon ones with the ads

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

May not help but just bought one of these on Amazon for my MIL. It was genuinely not possible to buy one without the "special offers" so Hubby called them up when it arrived & they removed the offers for free without a problem.

Original Poster

2minutenoodles14 m ago

May not help but just bought one of these on Amazon for my MIL. It was …May not help but just bought one of these on Amazon for my MIL. It was genuinely not possible to buy one without the "special offers" so Hubby called them up when it arrived & they removed the offers for free without a problem.

Hey thank you for replying. Was it not possible due to them being sold out or some other reason? I think I'll order from Amazon, seems like less hassle.

Which one did you buy and hows the performance?

Not possible as only available in black and we chose marine blue. We got the 32gb which was the best choice in the end due to loads of apps etc taking up the basic memory. Even though you can use an additional memory card, like a computer, it is a hassle to send stuff to a separate drive and it works faster using the internal memory. Marine blue looks amazing and Hubby says it is awesome quality for the price and very happy with it. We are both Ipad owners and Hubby was very impressed with the quality for the price.

I bought two last year
Was able to install play and screen but removing ads were hit n miss and still there all the time. Very annoying and I think they charge £10 but solid tablets
My 3 year old throw it side of bed once or twice a day still going strong.
Adverts are embedded in os do Argos has no power to change them

Original Poster

Thanks for your replies folks, I've ordered the 32gb one in marine blue from Amazon
Edited by: "Hammerheads29" 25th Nov 2017

Hammerheads2925th Nov

Thanks for your replies folks, I've ordered the 32gb one in marine blue …Thanks for your replies folks, I've ordered the 32gb one in marine blue from Amazon

Good choice. Give them a call and say you couldn’t buy one from them without Special Offers and they will remove the ads on the wake screen for free.
Edited by: "2minutenoodles" 27th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions