Amazon Firestick Buffering (just before blackfriday)

Posted 21st Nov
Has anyone else experienced poor performance from their normally perfect Firestick in the past week or so?

A number of normally fine running apps have started buffering, no updates have been applied, no change of network and I have solid broadband and wifi. Just strikes me as suspect timing for the device to start buffering, almost as if I should upgrade....

Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Have you seen if there are any good deals on tin foil on here? I rather suspect that you may be requiring a roll to fashion some new headgear with.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 21st Nov
There was an update in the last couple of weeks, maybe a bug or two in it.
How's your storage?. Maybe it's full.
just retired my v1 firestick as it had become terribly sloooooooooowwww - got the 4k one at £29.99 - runs sweet as anything
discobob21/11/2019 15:24

just retired my v1 firestick as it had become terribly sloooooooooowwww - …just retired my v1 firestick as it had become terribly sloooooooooowwww - got the 4k one at £29.99 - runs sweet as anything

Sell it to Cex. Get £13-14 cash for it. Then it only cost you £16-£17 to upgrade.
RiverDragon821/11/2019 15:29

Sell it to Cex. Get £13-14 cash for it. Then it only cost you £16-£17 to up …Sell it to Cex. Get £13-14 cash for it. Then it only cost you £16-£17 to upgrade.

Thanks for this.
I upgraded my firesticks to fire TV because they were soooooooo slow, so I have 2 that have been in the drawer for ages.
I didn't realize that you could get that much for them.
Are you saying the apps are buffering or the things you're trying to watch on them? Apps dont buffer they just crash, links to films buffer.
If it's the links buffering its crap links.
See how your memory is on the stick, scroll over to settings, apps then see what memory.
Also settings then my fire tv then see if you need to install an update
Yep, didn't you know Amazon have a lag switch which they enable the week before Black Friday to slow down all their old devices?

Sell it to Cex. Get £13-14 cash for it. Then it only cost you £16-£17 to up …Sell it to Cex. Get £13-14 cash for it. Then it only cost you £16-£17 to upgrade.

Need to find the remote!!!

Need to find the remote!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions