Does anyone have one
Ease of use etc
Any good
Pros and cons
Best seller to get one from
Thanks in advance
Community Updates
17 Comments
Set up a few, quite good but prefer raspberry2 imo not much more expensive but more versatile
Buy one from Amazon. £35. Install kodi. £0. Research addons. £0.

Money saved £30 approx.

Dead easy
Save your money and buy from amazon and do it yourself, plenty of easy to follow youtube guides.
They are alright, however it has to be side-loaded and its a hassle to get the kodi icon to show in the main screen without booting from the settings menu. Functions well though. Agree with above. raspberry pi2 is more versatile for not much more
Crikey , cheers for the quick replies
Tbh its a £15 saving doing it myself
But its the faffing about to get it working and installing everthing
I could follow guides and do it , its just the time to do it but i will look into it
Id rather plug in and done but again ill look on youtube etc
Ease of use is for when the inlaws babysit
Follow this guide tvmc
takes about 15 minutes to install and comes with many add-ons pre-installed
That TVMC guide is out of date.They have firestarter now 1 or 2 clicks of the home button launches kodi.
I got one I use all the time, I bought it with it preinstalled like you want to do, imo it's worth getting it done by someone else lol, the person you buy it from will give you some directions to use it, but you get used to it really fast
Buy one and do it yourself. It took me about 20 minutes and I'm no computer genius. You won't regret it.
I've got the Fire TV Box, but it's easy to do it yourself and gives you good experience of loading up repositories and enabling / disabling add-ons you may or may not need. Mine works like a dream on pretty much everything I've ever needed from it.
Pointless paying someone, eventually you'll need to do it yourself so what will you do then? Post it to someone and pay again?
Firestick isn't even a good choice for kodi as amazon can block it whenever they like.
Dont go for a preloaded one or one of the many 'wizard installers' as they just install a ton of crap you probably wont use! Do a bit of research on installing Kodi, install the addons you require & will actually use & tweak the settings a lil bit. There are plenty of guides to help, & you will find doing it this way your Kodi device will run a lot better!
Bradleigh

Crikey , cheers for the quick repliesTbh its a £15 saving doing it … Crikey , cheers for the quick repliesTbh its a £15 saving doing it myselfBut its the faffing about to get it working and installing everthingI could follow guides and do it , its just the time to do it but i will look into itId rather plug in and done but again ill look on youtube etcEase of use is for when the inlaws babysit

Its so easy to do it yourself. Don't be tempted to buy one preconfigured. You'll need to learn to do it yourself anyway if any of the streaming services disappear.
ainsy69

Follow this guide tvmc takes about 15 minutes to install and comes with … Follow this guide tvmc takes about 15 minutes to install and comes with many add-ons pre-installed

​installing kodi itself should take no more than 10mins and adding the addons is easier either as a fully loaded build or individual which I reccomend if you are new to it
Cheers for the info
Will look into installing it.either on a amazon firestick or amazon TV box
Thanks again
I saw some where that Genesis is a good add-on.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants