Expired

Amazon Flex

Found 21st Jul 2016
This looks interesting. Amazon will pay people with time on their hands £13 an hour to deliver packages.

The number of towns is limited at the moment but they want to hear from anyone who would be interested in delivering so they can build up a list of the towns where it would be viable.

Worth keeping an eye on.
Community Updates
38 Comments
Yeah it says including tips which is a joke.
there will be a catch. insurance company will have to be notified.
deleted193256
I expect that the £13 per hour is in optimal circumstances, and the reality is that they're employing the same model as Deliveroo have started using, paying per delivery only, and no guarantee of a minimum wage.
who tips their amazon delivery driver?

arcangel111

who tips their amazon delivery driver?

​erm amazon prime now has a tipping section on the payment page

so I do tip them
[ flex.amazon.co.uk ]

[ dailymail.co.uk/new…tml ]
---
At a loose end? Amazon will pay you to deliver its packages as it pushes to get all its goods to customers within just HALF AN HOUR of ordering

* Amazon Flex drivers can make up to £15 per hour to make deliveries
* It will be trialled in Birmingham before being expanded across the country
* Drivers in the Midlands can apply now to get on board with the venture
* All you need is an Android phone, a car and some time to spare
---
fattyuk

​erm amazon prime now has a tipping section on the payment pageso I do t … ​erm amazon prime now has a tipping section on the payment pageso I do tip them

really never saw that. Won't use it but useful to know its there lol.
thegroutch

I expect that the £13 per hour is in optimal circumstances, and the … I expect that the £13 per hour is in optimal circumstances, and the reality is that they're employing the same model as Deliveroo have started using, paying per delivery only, and no guarantee of a minimum wage.

Depends what they pay per delivery. Amazon is growing stronger and if this gives a chance to give people employment or as a additional income then why not.
shabbird

I didn't know it was there either.. but then again, I'm not a prime member yet I still get the majority of my parcels the next day anyway.

I too won't be using the tip service... not going to get your parcels to you any quicker...
it won't be per delivery it will be in 2 hour or 4 hour slots. if you take a 2 hour slot but say take 4 hours you'll only be paid for the 2.

Why

fattyuk

​erm amazon prime now has a tipping section on the payment page so I do t … ​erm amazon prime now has a tipping section on the payment page so I do tip them

Why would you tip someone for a service before they have performed that service as tipping is related to the quality of service?
I'm not going to tip someone just for delivering a parcel, doing their paid job, except in exceptional circumstances.
Agharta

Why Why would you tip someone for a service before they have performed … Why Why would you tip someone for a service before they have performed that service as tipping is related to the quality of service?I'm not going to tip someone just for delivering a parcel, doing their paid job, except in exceptional circumstances.

cause I'm not a tight git and as someone who earns more per hour than these delivery guys an extra pound out my pocket doesn't bother me

deleted265520
fattyuk

cause I'm not a tight git and as someone who earns more per hour than … cause I'm not a tight git and as someone who earns more per hour than these delivery guys an extra pound out my pocket doesn't bother me:)

Are you sure the money you are tipping via the Prime page is actually going to the Drivers? If you are going to tip at least tip them personally so Mr Fat Cat Amazon isn't eating up your good gesture.
When I was a courier for dhl and then yodel, we "won" the amazon contract and got paid 50p per successful delivery, they lied to us and told us most parcels would fit through a letterbox (most were standard size boxes). If the recipient wasn't in and no safe place/neighbour we had to return the next day until it was delivered - had to pay petrol, no holiday pay etc. One of the many reasons I left.
Actually, its a bit of laugh as we also delivered for Sports Direct, and I was paid 90p per parcel for them. and yet Amazon aren't in the news today about Victorian working practices.

Spare any change guv?, need petrol to deliver an amazon parcel.
Agharta

Why Why would you tip someone for a service before they have performed … Why Why would you tip someone for a service before they have performed that service as tipping is related to the quality of service?I'm not going to tip someone just for delivering a parcel, doing their paid job, except in exceptional circumstances.

I tip for Amazon Prime now. My parcels are usually delivered within 45 minutes of ordering, and I know the delivery guys need to make a special round trip for many of these (can see using the tracker). It goes a long way for them, and I appreciate the quick service, especially when the 2 hour timeslot on it's own is free.
dtovey89

Are you sure the money you are tipping via the Prime page is actually … Are you sure the money you are tipping via the Prime page is actually going to the Drivers? If you are going to tip at least tip them personally so Mr Fat Cat Amazon isn't eating up your good gesture.

well it says its going direct to the drivers and im sure a company like amazon woudlnt lie about something like that!
I wasn't suggesting people did this for a living, more of a way to earn a few extra quid if they had a few spare hours in the week.
l'm guessing Amazon will be keeping a close eye on the Uber drivers court case because it could affect Amazon Flex.

The Uber drivers court case.
shabbird

​I knew it was there but didn't include tip thinking it might not reach the driver and tried to tip the driver on arrival but poor guy refused...
"Despite the expected earnings being shown as between £13-£15 per hour on top of tips, the advert stresses that this can vary depending on the number of deliveries made."

Yet the advert just above it says that the figure includes tips.

How do Amazon know in advance what tips you'll receive? If your tips come to £16 per hour then they'll have to start taking some of your tips to keep within their published figures.
As one of the comments pointed out, at 40p per successful delivery which is likely, you'd need to make 38 deliveries per hour to get to the £15. That's a successful delivery every 1 minute 40 seconds. That's assuming that you don't take any time driving to the depot and back. If you only had to make one trip to the depot and back for a day's work then it's reasonably a small consideration. If you're doing this for just a couple of hours at a time, and Amazon want the packages delivered within 30 minutes, then your trips to the depot and back become a much larger consideration.

Fact is, I've spent over 1 minute 40 seconds just writing this post, there's no way I could deliver a package and get to the next address in that time! If all the packages were down the same road then maybe, but let's face it, what's the chances that loads of people from the same road have all ordered from Amazon within the same hour of each other and you just happen to be available and Amazon didn't have anyone else waiting to deliver those items and you're the only one who can do it?

Oh, and there's the small matter of the costs of petrol, insurance, car repairs, depreciation etc. I would be amazed if anyone made even a penny an hour doing this, the vast majority I would expect to actually lose money!!
I would think that your insurance premium would increase if you amend your policy to include business use to do this delivery job.
fattyuk

cause I'm not a tight git and as someone who earns more per hour than … cause I'm not a tight git and as someone who earns more per hour than these delivery guys an extra pound out my pocket doesn't bother me:)

ya but you're saying that on a deals website mr.
Anyone else just get an invite email?
deleted57959

Yep, just got one, although nowhere near my area yet and prob never will … Yep, just got one, although nowhere near my area yet and prob never will be.

Says they're delivering near me, but downloaded the app and can only select West Midlands. Will try again in a few days!
Logged into the app today and was able to provide all my info, payment info, tax, driving license etc... just got to wait on a background check to be completed now.
RayB

I would think that your insurance premium would increase if you amend … I would think that your insurance premium would increase if you amend your policy to include business use to do this delivery job.

RayB

I would think that your insurance premium would increase if you amend … I would think that your insurance premium would increase if you amend your policy to include business use to do this delivery job.

And possible excess; higher premium following years after an accident, own fault or no fault.
Amazon are paying car insurance up until march 2017 and it's £26-£30 per 2 hour slot plus tips. no driver is allowed to accept tips in hand all tips via the app and paid into your bank. this is a self employed job and work whenever you feel like. also your car insurance must include for hire or reward which to me is the same as a taxi so would be expensive.
miikeyblue

Logged into the app today and was able to provide all my info, payment … Logged into the app today and was able to provide all my info, payment info, tax, driving license etc... just got to wait on a background check to be completed now.

what app

deeky

what app

Ah... you have to have registered at the link above, then received an invite, fill in your details and they give you a download link.

I've got the apk, can email it to you if you like?
miikeyblue

Ah... you have to have registered at the link above, then received an … Ah... you have to have registered at the link above, then received an invite, fill in your details and they give you a download link.I've got the apk, can email it to you if you like?

I was hoping to see if there was anything in my area without registering. Can you see that anywhere?
deeky

I was hoping to see if there was anything in my area without registering. … I was hoping to see if there was anything in my area without registering. Can you see that anywhere?

The email they sent me the other day said...

Amazon Flex is now in Birmingham, Northampton, Dunstable, Nottingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, Weybridge, Hayes, Croydon, Hemel Hempstead, Edinburgh, Bristol, and Glasgow
miikeyblue

The email they sent me the other day said...Amazon Flex is now in … The email they sent me the other day said...Amazon Flex is now in Birmingham, Northampton, Dunstable, Nottingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, Weybridge, Hayes, Croydon, Hemel Hempstead, Edinburgh, Bristol, and Glasgow

Cheers miikey. The wife might be interested (she doesn't know it yet :p) but she doesn't have an Android phone. Neither do I come to think of it oO I'll have a word and she if she's interested.
deeky

Cheers miikey. The wife might be interested (she doesn't know it yet :p) … Cheers miikey. The wife might be interested (she doesn't know it yet :p) but she doesn't have an Android phone. Neither do I come to think of it oO I'll have a word and she if she's interested.

Has to be Android too, doesn't currently work on ios.
deeky

Cheers miikey. The wife might be interested (she doesn't know it yet :p) … Cheers miikey. The wife might be interested (she doesn't know it yet :p) but she doesn't have an Android phone. Neither do I come to think of it oO I'll have a word and she if she's interested.

I've got an android phone you can have deeky...I won it on here a couple of years ago...can't quite remember the comp now though and who run it :(. :{. X)
maccy1

I've got an android phone you can have deeky...I won it on here a couple … I've got an android phone you can have deeky...I won it on here a couple of years ago...can't quite remember the comp now though and who run it :(. :{. X)

It had better be used oO
deeky

It had better be used oO

Oh, it's all come flooding back to me now... X)

It's been an absolute godsend deeky, I'm using it now as it happens, the battery lasts for days...unlike my note, that won't even charge at the mo, not having much luck with my chargers lately :(. X)

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants