Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon France - Fulfilled by UK?

Posted 28th Jul 2020
Hi. I bought a set of ingenio pans from Amazon.fr and it looks like it was sent through from somewhere in the UK - the delivery was next day so I’m certain it’s come from the UK. I had 2 questions:

1) i read somewhere (but can’t find it now) that you can claim a refund on the delivery cost as it was sent from the UK - is this correct?
2) if so, how do I confirm it was fulfilled from the UK and not France?

Thanks!
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad
Top comments
So you got the item quicker and now you want to find some sort of excuse to get some money refunded?

That's quite cheeky.

I once found an item i wanted on Amazon Germany cheaper than Amazon uk so I ordered from the Germany site. The item ended up coming quickly and I noticed it has a UK postmark. I was so happy that they did that for me and not for a millisecond did I have the thought of penalising them for helping me.
14 Comments
Never heard about them refunding delivery if its shipped from UK, you can check the official invoice it will say Amazon UK as opposed to Europe Sarl
So you got the item quicker and now you want to find some sort of excuse to get some money refunded?

That's quite cheeky.

I once found an item i wanted on Amazon Germany cheaper than Amazon uk so I ordered from the Germany site. The item ended up coming quickly and I noticed it has a UK postmark. I was so happy that they did that for me and not for a millisecond did I have the thought of penalising them for helping me.
deleted1163056
Reasonable to assume that buying it from somewhere in the UK was more expensive than ordering from France so I look forward to you volunteering to pay the extra.
Thanks. I don’t expect anything and not trying to be cheeky - just read it somewhere and can’t find it now so thought I’d check. More than happy to pay for it in full as I have done already but always worth checking!
Amazon France promised you to deliver what you bought. There was no promise from where it would be shipped.
bozo00728/07/2020 17:51

Amazon France promised you to deliver what you bought. There was no …Amazon France promised you to deliver what you bought. There was no promise from where it would be shipped.

Thanks. I get that - just asking based on what I read previously. If it’s not something they do then it is fine - I am not asking for something I’m not entitled to or something outside of their policies/procedures.
Edited by: "Anup" 28th Jul
How much was delivery?
Anup28/07/2020 17:57

€10.45

That's pricey, assuming it was not barbells.
IamMT28/07/2020 17:59

That's pricey, assuming it was not barbells.

Set of pans so around 7 or 8kg so understandable I guess
Might not have been from UK, France is only 22 miles away.
Pandamansays28/07/2020 19:00

Might not have been from UK, France is only 22 miles away.

But OP is "certain".
MadeDixonsCry28/07/2020 19:02

But OP is "certain".

Ah, I see... that puts a completely different spin on it. I'll have to have a re-think
MadeDixonsCry28/07/2020 19:02

But OP is "certain".

I also asked the question as to how to confirm....so I can’t be that certain can I!
Post a comment
@
    Text