Amazon France Warehouse - item not dispatched after 11 days :(

Posted 17th Jul
A little whinge

I purchased a monitor in "very good" condition from Amazon France Warehouse on Monday 7th July and it said standard delivery in 2-3 days.
I have chased Amazon France every day for the past 7 days and they just say "After researching the matter, I can confirm that my colleague is studying your file.

However, I have contacted our department in charge for further research.

The processing time for this type of request is usually two/five working days, however, it seems that an additional period of time is required. Please accept my sincere apologies for this inconvenience
."

The item has been in stock (in the same condition) on 9 of the 11 days since I purchased (it temporarily went out of stock on day 4 and 5).
The money was taken from my account on day 7 , which they only do when it enters the shipping process.

I keep asking daily why they cannot just post it out and investigate separately. Until now Amazon seemed a well oiled machine but this is just plain weird.

Anybody else had anything similar?
Community Updates
5 Comments
they probably dont have it, waiting for it coming in and could even find your order gets cancelled, just the way of the world with Amazon. Send an email to jeff@amazon.com and one of the top customer service team should be able to help you.
Edited by: "eslick" 17th Jul
deleted11933
eslick17/07/2020 11:54

they probably dont have it, waiting for it coming in and could even find …they probably dont have it, waiting for it coming in and could even find your order gets cancelled, just the way of the world with Amazon. Send an email to jeff@amazon.com and one of the top customer service team should be able to help you.

They def do have it as the item comes in and out in quantities.. e.g. 2 yesterday, now back down to 1. There were none in stock last Thu and Friday.
I would cancel and reorder but the same item / same description (e..g very good) is now 50 euros more and given that they have now taken my cash I am sitting it out.
They have been "investigating" for a week now and say I should get an update by 21st July. This shouldn't be difficult to resolve, perhaps they are now too big with too many departments involved instead of somebody just reallocating me a different one.
Amazon warehouses in France have had multiple challenges during the pandemic. Besides, the 2-3 days is after it ships, and doesn't include the time it takes to actually ship it.
deleted11933
bozo00717/07/2020 13:13

Amazon warehouses in France have had multiple challenges during the …Amazon warehouses in France have had multiple challenges during the pandemic. Besides, the 2-3 days is after it ships, and doesn't include the time it takes to actually ship it.

Cheers. The delivery timescale is 2 to 3 days from order though the fact they took the cash suggests it entered shipping though, yet amazon confirm it hasn't been dispatched.. They won't give me any detail aside from wait until 21st for a response.
i been dealing with amazon france recently.
email them again, or cancel and re order.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants