Posted 13th Oct 2021
I am having some issues returning a GPU to Amazon.fr warehouse. This is not my first return with them and I have never had issues before. I normally send the parcel insured and I get all the shipping costs refunded.

With my last return, I seem to be experiencing some issues with the custom clearance. I have used Parcelmonkey to send the parcel and I have filled all the necessary customs information required accordingly. The courier used was Parcelforce

The tracking information is :

18/9/2021 14:13
BRATISLAVA 090(SLOVAK REPUBLIC)…+BRATISLAVA 090 (SLOVAK REPUBLIC)

Arrived in destination country

20/9/2021 9:19
BRATISLAVA 090(SLOVAK REPUBLIC)…+BRATISLAVA 090 (SLOVAK REPUBLIC)

Awaiting Customs clearance

22/9/2021 12:48
Delivery Agent -SLOVAKIA…+Delivery Agent - SLOVAKIA

Returned to sender

I have received it back recently. There is not much information there on what has happened or why it was rejected. I have contacted Parcelforce, but they have not been able to tell me more information other than what is on the tracking number.

Has anyone experienced something like this before and had a good outcome?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Not uncommon for returns to Slovakia. Slovakian customs is not great.

Request to send to their French warehouse instead. Much simpler.
  2. Avatar
    Author
    Tom.Wilson13/10/2021 15:42

Not uncommon for returns to Slovakia. Slovakian customs is not …Not uncommon for returns to Slovakia. Slovakian customs is not great.Request to send to their French warehouse instead. Much simpler.

I received multiple messages from them asking me to send the item to Slovakia. I have also received one telling me to send it to the following address:

Amazon.fr Service Retours Produits
    1401 rue du Champ Rouge
    45962 ORLEANS Cedex 9
    FRANCE

I will try sending it to this one.

Thanks Tom!
  3. Avatar
    Yeah avoid Slovakia returns. 3 months held up in customs for incorrect documents. Even though I used all documents supplied by both Amazon France and Parcel force. Tried so many times emailing and even phoning and absolutely zero response back. Eventually Amazon France refunded and then a month later the item got sent back to me (but was faulty so useless really)
  4. Avatar
    sandueugen9209/12/2021 17:53

Amazon was the Importer of the record and such orders will not be exported …Amazon was the Importer of the record and such orders will not be exported from the UK.

Well that's a new one. since when was Amazon blocked from posting items out of the UK?
  5. Avatar
    Author
    MadeDixonsCry09/12/2021 17:57

Well that's a new one. since when was Amazon blocked from posting items …Well that's a new one. since when was Amazon blocked from posting items out of the UK?

I am trying to get more information from Parcelhero and DPD as this does not seem sufficient. I am surprised they have also charged a return fee. Impressed with the overall service provided.
  6. Avatar
    I was fortunate with mine that I pushed hard with Amazon France and received a refund after 3 months. Then I ended up with the item sent back to me anyway. Amazon France did try to ask me to send to another address but in France similar to the above, but they said not to bother once I had the refund. I would keep pressurising Amazon France to sort it out for the refund. Also, I used parcelforce, while they couldn’t help much, they were easy to talk too and help understand the issues.
  7. Avatar
    Author
    I am having some issues returning a GPU to Amazon France. This is my second attempt of sending the parcel. First I sent it to the Slovakian address and it was returned back to me after 2 weeks due to issues at customs, second time I was advised by Amazon to send it to France Orleans Cedex 9. It was returned after 2-3 days. The reason was:

" Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, your shipment is not delivered and processed to return because Amazon was the Importer of the record and such orders will not be exported from the UK.

As per our terms and conditions, the return is chargeable and the return cost for this shipment would be £24.01.

I have forwarded this to our admin team so that we can send you an invoice/payment receipt for the return fee.

I appreciate how frustrating this is, and I understand that this is not the answer you had hoped for.

I'm really sorry for the trouble this has caused you."

I have currently spent £100 on trying to send the item back to Amazon France.

I imagine my mistake was using Parcelhero -> DPD to send the return, but I have tried Parcelforce when sending it to Slovakia and that did not work either.

Has anyone had any success in sending an item back to Amazon France (warehouse)?
    I am currently waiting for a reply from Amazon France; I will try to convince them to send me a label directly and refund the postage. They are pretty good at refunding label costs.
  8. Avatar
    Author
    Thanks! I
    ciggybumly10/12/2021 16:37

I was fortunate with mine that I pushed hard with Amazon France and …I was fortunate with mine that I pushed hard with Amazon France and received a refund after 3 months. Then I ended up with the item sent back to me anyway. Amazon France did try to ask me to send to another address but in France similar to the above, but they said not to bother once I had the refund. I would keep pressurising Amazon France to sort it out for the refund. Also, I used parcelforce, while they couldn’t help much, they were easy to talk too and help understand the issues.

Thanks! They've yet to answer back; I think they are aware of this issue and would like to avoid this return. I haven't had a reply from Amazon France in more than 3 days. I will try contacting them through Amazon UK.
    Can you provide an update on the case? I have also a return to amazon France and I wanted to know what actually worked for you, because I'd like to avoid any of the inconvenience you experienced along the way. Thanks.
  9. Avatar
    I just kept messaging and requesting they call me. Managed to get a decent French amazon employee who took on ensuring everything got sorted. Sometimes would be a few days between correspondence but I kept hounding them. Especially as it got to nearly 3 months. Luckily I had also paid on credit card and had already looked into a charge back. I'd got plenty of evidence of my attempts to contact amazon, parcel force and even the Slovakian customs.
Top Merchants