Groups

Amazon Free Delivery

I've just ordered a book for my boyfriend he needed for uni and selected free delivery.... then he tells me that he needs it asap for his exam in a fortnight! Went to cancel and they said they're preparing for dispatch so I can't amend the delivery.... does anyone know how quick the free delivery is? It said it will dispatch on the 7th and deliver on the 12th. Does this sound right to you or will it be sooner/later. Any help appreciated!!

14 Comments

3-5 days

2-3 days after 1st class

^^^^^^^
    As above. I always receive the free delivery stuff within five days.

Original Poster

Thanks guys, rep given. I'll let him know... felt terrible I just selected the freebie option not realising how urgently he needed it... oops.

torapoole;3945529

Thanks guys, rep given. I'll let him know... felt terrible I just … Thanks guys, rep given. I'll let him know... felt terrible I just selected the freebie option not realising how urgently he needed it... oops.

You could always order it again with a faster delivery (next day) then return the other one?

Good luck

t0mm;3945533

You could always order it again with a faster delivery (next day) then … You could always order it again with a faster delivery (next day) then return the other one?

Sick and Parrot comes to mind if they both arrive at the same time

Original Poster

I did suggest that to him but he told me not to worry so what can you do eh. I think he just likes to panic me, haha.

t0mm;3945533

You could always order it again with a faster delivery (next day) then … You could always order it again with a faster delivery (next day) then return the other one?

Original Poster

Hehe, thanks. I don't know why I'm worrying so much about getting him this book for his exam when I have my own to do,lol. Cheers for the help.

dontdothatagain;3945535

Good luck

My free delivery stuff before Christmas were arriving within 1-2 days!

Original Poster

Ohh fingers crossed then. Thanks for the input, rep given

Butterflies;3945731

My free delivery stuff before Christmas were arriving within 1-2 days!

torapoole;3946013

Ohh fingers crossed then. Thanks for the input, rep given

Thanks for rep - but it was nothing (so not deserved)

I hope Amazon are good to you - I was VERY surprised as I ordered one thing Saturday night and it arrived Monday, and another thing Sunday night and it arrived Tuesday. Maybe if their sales are high at the moment - that they have kept on all the Christmas staff, that must have worked really hard!

You may get a pleasant surprise! I ordered Guitar Hero World Tour last Tuesday afternoon,and it arrived on the Wednesday morning. This was using free delivery. Fingers crossed

Original Poster

Ahh thanks guys, you're easing my conscience. (Next time I'll make him order the stupid book himself!)
    And I know I don't have to give rep but you're making me feel better so it's deserved in my eyes, haha.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One S or Xbox One X11
      2. Need help with home Internet dropping out please56
      3. Best Wi-Fi extender33
      4. Any Just Eat Vouchers around?22

See more discussions