Amazon free delivery reminder.

This is just a reminder. Particularly to people who don't use amazon very often.

I know this is obvious to regular users.

When buying a product for over £20 in the UK you are eligible for free delivery. However, when you add to basket, delivery is added and you are reminded that by signing up to prime you will get free delivery.

THIS IS NOT NEEDED.

Remember to select Delivery details and change standard delivery to free delivery.

Amazon must be making a fortune out of this little trick. I know I have fallen for it a few times.

11 Comments

Hardly a trick on their part, instead you are presented with mailing options. Don't most online retailers do the same?

No harm in pointing this out to people is there, what's with the negatives on here all the time?!
No wonder colleagues tell me they don't bother with this site anymore

thanks for that.
if I ever buy from amazon again.
ever since prime I stopped.

Banned

Guess what? Had prime for over 2 years now and never paid for it once!

Takes literally 2 minutes to make a new account using the same email adress and the gmail trick.

Cancel prime as soon as you accept the trial.

Rinse and repeat.

Yes I noticed this quite a while ago.
It used to default to free delivery if available, but then they changed it (_;)

MrScotchBonnet

Guess what? Had prime for over 2 years now and never paid for it … Guess what? Had prime for over 2 years now and never paid for it once!Takes literally 2 minutes to make a new account using the same email adress and the gmail trick.Cancel prime as soon as you accept the trial.Rinse and repeat.

​i honestly couldn't be bothered.
once I see a company systematically ripping customers off I stop using them if at all possible.
Curry's, tesco, amazon etc
I will use them occasionally but only on their loss leader products.

Banned

shadey12

​i honestly couldn't be bothered.once I see a company systematically r … ​i honestly couldn't be bothered.once I see a company systematically ripping customers off I stop using them if at all possible.Curry's, tesco, amazon etcI will use them occasionally but only on their loss leader products.

When you have a child mate it's priceless. The subscribe and save combined with the offers get me more than double what I could get anywhere else delivered to my door. If anything else pops up then a bonus. It's a no brainer for me.

Also alot of people aren't aware that an order can consist solely of add-on items.

MrScotchBonnet

Guess what? Had prime for over 2 years now and never paid for it … Guess what? Had prime for over 2 years now and never paid for it once!Takes literally 2 minutes to make a new account using the same email adress and the gmail trick.Cancel prime as soon as you accept the trial.Rinse and repeat.

do you use the same card or do you have to get a replacement first?

Banned

KM4353

do you use the same card or do you have to get a replacement first?

Lol no, I wouldn't bother if you needed a new card. All details are identical apart from the email adress.

MrScotchBonnet

When you have a child mate it's priceless. The subscribe and save … When you have a child mate it's priceless. The subscribe and save combined with the offers get me more than double what I could get anywhere else delivered to my door. If anything else pops up then a bonus. It's a no brainer for me.

​fair comment,
in that case keep taking advantage.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheer me up please?1430
    2. love affairs2062
    3. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …67
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814511

See more discussions