Amazon Free Delivery - Why So Long - Do they Hope We Pay For Quick Delivery

Found 3rd Jan
I usually try and get my order from Amazon to over £20 to qualify for free delivery. Today i bought some goods and they are scheduled for the 15th Jan, it used to be you could receive things within a few days but it looks like they are deliberately delaying orders. Are they now doing this in the hope you will pay for prime or express delivery?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

Could be an outside of UK seller.

When I take free delivery it sometimes arrives within a few days. Maybe they wait to pair it up with other deliveries to your area.

Original Poster

bryanhaines3992 m ago

When I take free delivery it sometimes arrives within a few days. Maybe …When I take free delivery it sometimes arrives within a few days. Maybe they wait to pair it up with other deliveries to your area.

I can only hope this is the case, its a bit worrying why it takes so long, there is no real riush but that is a heck of a long time.

Yakamoz are based in China. Maybe Amazon have to wait for it to get to them before they can send it out.

Original Poster

cdm2232 m ago

Yakamoz are based in China. Maybe Amazon have to wait for it to get to …Yakamoz are based in China. Maybe Amazon have to wait for it to get to them before they can send it out.

Ok i had no idea about this. So what is the secret of getting reasonably quick free delivery from Amazon? I might cancel the order and redo it. I thought when it was fulfilled by Amazon, that meant Amazon had it in stock in their warehouse and amazon would do the shipping side of it too.

Original Poster

Its actually the oven rack i ordered that is delaying my order. I cancelled the oven rack but it wont let me cancel the other 2 items. PITA.

Original Poster

I got it cancelled thank the lord, i used the instant chat. I will redo the order. Thanks for everyones help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants