Amazon Gift Credit

Found 23rd Jan
I tend to buy a lot of Christmas presents from Amazon and am thinking of adding so much a month to my Amazon gift credit to help take the sting out of Christmas but am wondering how safe Amazon is to do that. Has anyone done this or had any bad experiences with Amazon gift credit?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Instead of that, just save up on your own ( then you are not restricted to just amazon
Original Poster
That’s what I usually do but often end up spending a lot on Amazon so thought I could start saving on there too in addition to keeping Christmas spending money in a bank account. I guess I could open a different bank account and use it for Christmas savings only. I may even get a little interest in that time!
You might see the same product cheaper elsewhere so makes no sense restricting yourself to just amazon.
As others have said, just open a savings account. No point saving in amazon gift card as you restrict yourself for no benefit. Amazon going under will mean you lose your money. Someone hacking into your account can use your gift card. You can also buy amazon gift card at a discount i would expect if you looked, when it comes to making purchases.
I've been doing it for a while now. I like it. I only save 3.50 a week on it,which I don't notice coming out of my account but it soon adds up. I agree your restricted to Amazon but I also think if I saved 3.50 at home I would dip in and out of it and not save half as much. I do buy stuff from Amazon all the time also and like to know that sometimes I can afford to get something and in my eyes won't cost me a penny,as I'm using my credit if you catch my drift. Horses for courses. Each to there own.
Original Poster
Thanks for your replies. 😃
Might be a good idea if you buy the gift cards when Amazon give you £5 for buying one.
You'd get more than with any savings account that way but you'd have to spend it on Amazon obviously.
Its safe doing this with amazon, i done it when saving up for a games console that i pre-ordered.

Also, As other members have suggested rather than restricted to just amazon you get get a one4all gift card that hundreds of retailers accept (including amazon)
Caroline_199323rd Jan

Its safe doing this with amazon, i done it when saving up for a games …Its safe doing this with amazon, i done it when saving up for a games console that i pre-ordered. Also, As other members have suggested rather than restricted to just amazon you get get a one4all gift card that hundreds of retailers accept (including amazon)

Amazon aren't on One4all anymore, stopped in October unfortunately. hotukdeals.com/dis…885
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants