Amazon Glitch Discussion

Found 29th May 2017
Since there are dozens of threads on it thought it might be easier to discuss the honouring of orders in one place. I was late to party but am still interested.

How did it happen?
I would say zoom orders will be cancelled. Amazon are very good at honouring misprices though normally cancel any multiple purchases of same item.

Community Updates
10 Comments
davidian84

...How did it happen?...

Either Zoom's prices dropped & Amazon (UK)'s prices followed, or Amazon (UK) just had an unadvertised Blu-ray Disc & DVD sale for 11-ish hours this morning.

Alternatively, the automated pricing from the supplier of both sites had an issue, & affected the product listings without Amazon (UK)'s intervention.

No cancelled orders yet (from items I ordered around 1am).
Zoom has always cancelled my orders where the pricing may be reasonably interpreted as erroneous; Amazon not always. Amazon "stock available in xx days / weeks" orders may result in the sidestep method of "future availability may no longer be possible" or similar. I have some ridiculously low price Amazon orders outstanding from 12 months ago whilst Amazon is allegedly still attempting to obtain stock, or maybe Amazon is hoping I will cancel.
Amazon aren't good at ordering misprices. They will just cancel order.
itsgun4u

Here is one where they did honour the orders:

[ hotukdeals.com/dea…481 ]
itsgun4u

But they don't have too so it's the usual lottery if they dispatched before the error is found they you are lucky. As with any price glitch as long as it isn't posted on here you might get a chance of getting it, as soon as it's posted then....
yes amazon just does honour misprices sometimes. my star war order was just dispatched.
itsgun4u

Amazon have been pretty good with me for honouring price glitches. I've had a Le Creuset oven dish, £80 for £5 and an £800 NAS for £300. It does happen.
Where hundreds jump on the bandwagon then it doesn't.
Edited by: "Oneday77" 29th May 2017
They've honoured them for me before several times.
misprices like these are why i'm thankful for having Amazon Prime. since you have 1 day delivery with Prime (so long as its in stock) they have to rush out your order so you are more likely to get the items before they potentially cancel the orders.

Amazon will most likely honour them i suspect anyway, especially since you can't order more than 3 of an item. this stops people going crazy like with Zoom and ordering 50 boxsets to sell on
my zoom heroes has been dispatched. seems like everything has been honoured
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants