Amazon hand part of order back to driver, is it possible ?

Posted 5th Mar
I have an Amazon delivery today but want to hand two items back to driver, the order contains three items, has anyone done this? or should i avoid this and return at a later date?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
No
The driver might think you are giving them a present!!
Definitely return at later date if it's not the full order you are rejecting.
I opened a chat with Amazon just to see what they say and they confirmed that i could indeed do it, maybe false information?

40047500-zzI3S.jpg
I don't have the full chat though but can always show them that image if something goes wrong, hmmmm not sure now because if i return after then i will get charged for return postage wouldn't i?
Nazhu05/03/2020 13:39

I opened a chat with Amazon just to see what they say and they confirmed …I opened a chat with Amazon just to see what they say and they confirmed that i could indeed do it, maybe false information? [Image] I don't have the full chat though but can always show them that image if something goes wrong, hmmmm not sure now because if i return after then i will get charged for return postage wouldn't i?

I wouldn't trust the chat, they dont have a clue.
Kept telling me i should get a receipt when returning via a next store but next dont do receipts, they just scan the item and you receive an email confirmation which i never recieved and my package went missing
Nazhu05/03/2020 13:39

I opened a chat with Amazon just to see what they say and they confirmed …I opened a chat with Amazon just to see what they say and they confirmed that i could indeed do it, maybe false information? [Image] I don't have the full chat though but can always show them that image if something goes wrong, hmmmm not sure now because if i return after then i will get charged for return postage wouldn't i?

To me, that image doesnt show the fact that you are saying to the delivery driver you want to return it..it just says that they will refund when received. It would be no proof in my opinion if it went walkies.
This is not Ocado where it is possible. Most of the time, the delivery guys are just that - delivery guys.
If I was you cancel order and re order the item.you want. That way the driver shouldn't attempt delivery
Yea i think you guys are right, going to play it safe and just pay return postage, i tried to cancel these items way before dispatch but they wouldn't let me
Nazhu05/03/2020 15:30

Yea i think you guys are right, going to play it safe and just pay return …Yea i think you guys are right, going to play it safe and just pay return postage, i tried to cancel these items way before dispatch but they wouldn't let me

You don’t have to pay return postage if you contact amazon via live chat and say you don’t like the items and they will give you a free return label
You have a problem if all the items are in the same box.
kh38383805/03/2020 16:24

You don’t have to pay return postage if you contact amazon via live chat a …You don’t have to pay return postage if you contact amazon via live chat and say you don’t like the items and they will give you a free return label

Will try this, thanks

Willy_Wonka05/03/2020 16:43

You have a problem if all the items are in the same box.

Thats a good point, will remember for future, certain that this order is same box as all items are small.
Nazhu05/03/2020 15:30

Yea i think you guys are right, going to play it safe and just pay return …Yea i think you guys are right, going to play it safe and just pay return postage, i tried to cancel these items way before dispatch but they wouldn't let me

Postage is free need s printer though

You could still try to cancel delivery, maybe live chat? I've done it, don't remember how
Edited by: "Norseg" 5th Mar
This is not possible.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants