Amazon Has Really Gone Downhill

Posted 7th Dec 2019
I ordered a "Like New" Nintendo Switch from Amazon during their 20% off warehouse event. They sent me a faulty one. I sent that back and ordered another - they sent me a pair of women's riding boots instead by mistake!

The 20% off deal has now ended and they've said that they won't apply the discount if I order another Switch. I also have to return the boots before I can get a refund.

2 weeks of messing about and I've ended up empty handed. They used to go out of their way to make sure you were happy but now seem uninterested.

Anybody else had issues or have I just been unlucky?
Community Updates
Misc
29 Comments
you should cancel prime, all they seem to care about is if people are prime members
There’s actually a thing on the news this week about how amazon have messed up quite a few orders
I ordered 3 items on the 20% off sale - had to send 2 back, one item filthy, and the other item only half described quantity. Even the item I kept, I decided I'd make do instead of returning...
Amazon warehouse is a risk these days. They sell some questionable conditions in the hope people won’t return, yeah they give you your money back but that’s not the point.
Like with every good thing, people just abuse the system and spoil it for the rest of us, the lenient Customer Service being one of them.
Ordered a new a new speaker - outer box was fine but the retail box was damaged and it had clearly been opened. It was obviously a return, not impressed especially as I had bought it for a gift...
I have no complaints on the more than reasonable outcomes to the few Amazon issues I have had recently, but I would prefer simply less issues although the nature of the tat I buy does tend to be in the potentially-high-risk-of-issue bracket.
deleted1471098
Not if you don’t buy from the warehouse bit, which is basically like buying from eBay, you might get lucky you might not.
They have definitely gone downhill. I was offered a £10 credit if I downloaded their app. App shows the offer and order has to be over £30 but £10 off never applies. Contacted them they said I've already used it, I ask to which order? Then the person decides to transfer me so have to go through same situation again then this person asks for proof of offer which I sent. Then another one reviewed the evidence and said it has been applied already so back to square one where I ask to which order, because I know I've only placed one order in a while and I paid fully with card so it can't be that. Emails back and forth going nowhere. Spent to long on this can't be asked anymore.
I ordered something described as 'used - like new' packing will be damaged - look like someone had been jumping up and down on it, the item was filthy and covered in some sicky residue. I've been waiting 3 days for them to authorise the return as I could only return via locker or Hermes, and I opted for locker.
Felicitous07/12/2019 15:42

you should cancel prime, all they seem to care about is if people are …you should cancel prime, all they seem to care about is if people are prime members

Oh, I don't have Prime. Maybe that's why they were being hard work.
Rune_2H07/12/2019 16:18

Comment deleted

Yeah, that's the one. Glad you had a good outcome.
I ordered a toy for my daughters xmas present, was supposed to arrive by 4th, apparently sent to the wrong place, got this message "Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility
Berlin, GB"
Where it is now or when it may arrive I have no idea, have to wait till sunday to contact them.
Their customer service is not what it used to be. I'm in the middle of a complaint at the moment. I've been told I'm getting a refund. I'm not getting a refund. To stop emailing them as they won't reply any further. I escalated it and someone from the exec team emailed me to say she would sort it out. Next day I got an impersonal message saying my case was closed. I sent it back and they said they are looking into it again. All this for an item worth £30.
Bananabrain07/12/2019 21:21

Their customer service is not what it used to be. I'm in the middle of a …Their customer service is not what it used to be. I'm in the middle of a complaint at the moment. I've been told I'm getting a refund. I'm not getting a refund. To stop emailing them as they won't reply any further. I escalated it and someone from the exec team emailed me to say she would sort it out. Next day I got an impersonal message saying my case was closed. I sent it back and they said they are looking into it again. All this for an item worth £30.

I agree. The last time I needed to contact their CS, I had a poor experience. Very unexpected because they used to have the best customer service I’d ever experienced (hence why I usually buy from them whenever possible).

My prime membership is due to be renewed in January and I think I’m going to cancel it.
Amazon has been crap for ages, they're not even particularly cheap either, they basically just get by on a reliance that people don't check elsewhere and still go by default to their site.
I saw and got a Corsair H45 Liquid CPU Cooler for a small server I was gonna build from Amazon Warehouse, listed as ‘damaged box’.

When it was delivered to me it had been bodged together on the pipes with bright yellow tape and was still oozing liquid!

I contacted CS who asked me if I’d done anything to it, i.e. put the tape around it and try to modify it as if so they wouldn’t be able to accept it back from me.

But luckily I’d a few months earlier started to video ALL Amazon parcel openings with dates and time stamps on them, (I’d been hit before and stung, not again), so sent them the video all for £40 odd, crackers the things you’ve got to do to cover your own ass!
athunder07/12/2019 18:36

I ordered a toy for my daughters xmas present, was supposed to arrive by …I ordered a toy for my daughters xmas present, was supposed to arrive by 4th, apparently sent to the wrong place, got this message "Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facilityBerlin, GB"Where it is now or when it may arrive I have no idea, have to wait till sunday to contact them.

Well I just spoke to them on chat, my item is "lost in transit". Initially told I can only have a refund, I pushed for some credit as I'd been waiting for a while for this order, at first said no but then checked with supervisor and got £5 credit. Item is £9 more New so not perfect but good enough. Can't fault the CS person, but Amazon's policy for warehouse item's is a bit naff.
Half the stuff we receive has to be sent back as it's damaged
Like all lenient retailers. The fact that people take occasional advantage hits us all.
Too many ask for additional compo when things go slightly wrong. You see it all the time o. Here where people bang on about getting extra money off Warehouse items, over an additional scratch here or a crease in the instructions.
It's not just the OP who has experienced the decline in Amazon's customer service. There's a constant erosion of service quality with Amazon. I find it very frustrating.
athunder08/12/2019 07:58

Well I just spoke to them on chat, my item is "lost in transit". Initially …Well I just spoke to them on chat, my item is "lost in transit". Initially told I can only have a refund, I pushed for some credit as I'd been waiting for a while for this order, at first said no but then checked with supervisor and got £5 credit. Item is £9 more New so not perfect but good enough. Can't fault the CS person, but Amazon's policy for warehouse item's is a bit naff.

The person may not have understood what you meant.
For example, item's is not the plural of item.
Edited by: "Erudite" 8th Dec 2019
Very mixed service from them. 2 items bought from the warehouse sale in used like new condition.

First one was a 3.5 to 2.5 hot swap drive converter. Got lost for 4 days. When it finally arrived it rattled inside. Already owning one i know the product well so i took it apart and 2 nuts fell out. They are housed inside the plastic to allow the item to screw in from the side. However the nuts were bigger than the holes and i saw no way of getting them back in. Luckily i didnt need to fix it that way. I complained and got 20% off.

Second item was an icydock 2 bay hot swap drive bay. The damn thing locks the sata cable and won't unlock it. Also the lights on the front, one flashes to show in use and the 2nd whether in use or not just stays on all the time. Complained about that as well and got another 20% off.

Got a £30 logitech mouse for £8 and it's great.

I also ordered a dock from the states as it was on offer. It arrived 5 days early and is spot on. Cost me a tenner brand new and if i bought it today it would cost £25. On ebay they sell for even more.

So overall i guess i've done ok out of them. But they are hard work.
I know what u mean just had this

Update from Seller on Order ID 205-0276629-0054778
C
Comhats EU - Amazon Marketplace <r7pqwdhjgarketplace.amazon.co.uk>
Sun 08/12/2019 07:57
Inbox

To:

You have received a message from the Amazon Seller - Comhats EU
Order ID: 205-0276

CountProduct Name and ASIN1SIGGI Faux Fur Bomber Trapper Hat for Men Cotton Warm Russian Hunting Hat Black
ASIN: B017SVI5LYHi Eilidh:

Seller Comhats EU has a message for you.

Message from seller Comhats EU:

Hello dear customer,

I'm Vicky, the sales manager from Comhats EU .

Could you please help us to cancel the order you placed from our store during 06/12/2019 14:00GMT to 07/12/2019 03:00GMT?

The product of this faux fur mens trapper’s price (it’s about £15.99 off) was in an error. ( CM67191-1 B017SVI5LY/ CM67191-2 B017SVI6UO/CM67191-4 B01M6UBEDS /CM67191-5 B01M4G2PGW )

Now, I really need your help, I will be truly very grateful if you could help us to cancel your order, as there are almost 1k orders with the wrong price.

If you don’t like to cancel, I will be one hundred percent lose my job, as the compensation's amount I may pay to my company is about £15.99*1000, it's about £16000,which is much more than my 2 years income.

As I can not request anybody to do anything, the only thing which I can do now maybe is ask for every customer’s help one by one by email.

If in the end, you don’t like to cancel, would you like to share your opinion about this product? As this result maybe decrease my punishment.

Anyway thank you for your help and kindness to read this. And Merry Christmas to you and all your family.

Thank you again and Best regards.
Easy , don`t buy from Amazon
From the title, I was expecting this thread to be about Amazon's policy changes - eg, no refund of the price difference if it changes within 14 days (iirc) - which ended a year or so ago, or the offer of a free month of Prime for late delivery, which ended a few months back.

Amazon Warehouse has always been risky! I've been buying there for years and years. Unfortunately it's a one-shot only deal, if the item turns up broken, with bits missing, or the ole switcheroo, and there's no further Warehouse listings, you're out of luck. It's just how it is and it isn't a new development.

They *should* offer you a refund and some compensation for the hassle (usually £5 or £10 depending on who you speak to). Sometimes I find phoning garners better results if you're getting nowhere but I've never really had problems - I always take photos or video clips to support my complaint.

You can get a replacement order if you bought from Amazon (not Warehouse Deals) and it's faulty.

As for stock, "ordinary" Amazon and Amazon Warehouse seem to really struggle with multi-listings. I've had one item arrive, tried again (same item/listing) and a pack of 10 arrived!

I know only too well the pain of Warehouse disasters, as I got a Polaroid Pop at a bargain price for my niece recently. Not only had the photo paper been nicked out the box, but the camera itself was totally DOA. So I still have no gift to give to my niece.

TL;DR: Don't order from Warehouse Deals unless you're prepared for a bit of hassle/returns/disappointment now and then.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 8th Dec 2019
eilidh.young08/12/2019 11:52

I know what u mean just had thisUpdate from Seller on Order ID …I know what u mean just had thisUpdate from Seller on Order ID 205-0276629-0054778CComhats EU - Amazon Marketplace <r7pqwdhjgarketplace.amazon.co.uk>Sun 08/12/2019 07:57InboxTo:[Image] You have received a message from the Amazon Seller - Comhats EUOrder ID: 205-0276CountProduct Name and ASIN1[Image] SIGGI Faux Fur Bomber Trapper Hat for Men Cotton Warm Russian Hunting Hat Black ASIN: B017SVI5LYHi Eilidh:Seller Comhats EU has a message for you.Message from seller Comhats EU:Hello dear customer, I'm Vicky, the sales manager from Comhats EU . Could you please help us to cancel the order you placed from our store during 06/12/2019 14:00GMT to 07/12/2019 03:00GMT?The product of this faux fur mens trapper’s price (it’s about £15.99 off) was in an error. ( CM67191-1 B017SVI5LY/ CM67191-2 B017SVI6UO/CM67191-4 B01M6UBEDS /CM67191-5 B01M4G2PGW )Now, I really need your help, I will be truly very grateful if you could help us to cancel your order, as there are almost 1k orders with the wrong price. If you don’t like to cancel, I will be one hundred percent lose my job, as the compensation's amount I may pay to my company is about £15.99*1000, it's about £16000,which is much more than my 2 years income. As I can not request anybody to do anything, the only thing which I can do now maybe is ask for every customer’s help one by one by email.If in the end, you don’t like to cancel, would you like to share your opinion about this product? As this result maybe decrease my punishment.Anyway thank you for your help and kindness to read this. And Merry Christmas to you and all your family. Thank you again and Best regards.

I remember that Trapper Hat, as it was shared on a Facebook Group a few days ago, came with a code which took it down to £4.01. I was considering buying it for boyf.

When you get "please cancel your order" pleading emails from the third-party seller, maybe the code has been shared without their consent and was only intended for a few to (ahem) leave glowing reviews? Not sure. But it's your call whether you cancel or not.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 8th Dec 2019
Was a bit late to cancel as only had the email an hour before hats arrived, but will leave a review in the hope they dont have to pay the 16k lol
eilidh.young08/12/2019 16:44

Was a bit late to cancel as only had the email an hour before hats …Was a bit late to cancel as only had the email an hour before hats arrived, but will leave a review in the hope they dont have to pay the 16k lol

The discounted price was about a third of the full price, so I'd imagine they are probably exaggerating.
It was actually an 80% discount,not that im complaining,more than happy with the hats,i must admit they nearly tugged on my heartstrings
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions