Amazon - HD DVD Offer from last month with Harry Potter delay - BEWARE: AMAZON OVERCHARGE

Finally had the last three Harry Potter HD DVDs from Amazons great offer last month supposedly despatched last night.

However, I was charged full price for all three on despatch i.e. £6.97 each, which means that I was out of pocket by over £9. Amazingly, my order total got changed at some time from £20.91 to £29.93. How bad is that?

Anyway, after a fair amount of complaining (including one extended conversation where I finally got cut off with no return of call) I got a full refund of these last 3 HD DVDs as compensation, so got 6 HD DVDs (including 5 HP titles) for a grand total of £9.02.

I know a lot of people on this site ordered these too and had the same delay so though it was worth posting as I expect they will be overcharged too. Also, very surprised that a website of Amazon's stature could have this major glitch.

5 Comments

should be in the MISC part of the forum mods will mod it soon

good information for those effected by this

I had a similar experience, they cancelled my order, but took 70p from my account, when I noticed the prices had gone back up and I was charged more!

When I raised this with customer services, they refunded the difference. The set of HArry Potters was for my girlfriend's birthday, when I rang them up a second time to tell them that the wait was riddiculos and they had spoilt my present they told me to cancel my order re-order with Amazon and select next day delivery and they would again refund the difference

Excellent customer service I say - though I am still waiting for Blood Diamond!

Admin

Moved to misc

Original Poster

Thanks. Thought about bunging it there but hope everyone who went for this offer sees it.

Finally got good customer service but wasted a long time talking to some american woman who I gave my telephone number to in case I got cut off. Then when I did get cut off, she didn't phone me back. Guess she might have done it deliberately.

Luckily I dodnt them :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?89
    2. Samsung or Hisense22
    3. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?35
    4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?712

See more discussions