Amazon : "Invitation to treat" or "offer" ???

Found 5th Feb 2012
Amazon - "Invitation to treat" or "offer" ?

Please explain.
Community Updates
18 Comments
I think it is you who should explain.

Please explain.

Yeah mate 100%!! I'll get the car started

Invitation to treat...

14. Our contractWhen you place an order to purchase a product from … 14. Our contractWhen you place an order to purchase a product from Amazon.co.uk, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us when we send e-mail confirmation to you that we've dispatched that product to you (the "Dispatch Confirmation E-mail"). That acceptance will be complete at the time we send the Dispatch Confirmation E-mail to you. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed in a Dispatch Confirmation E-mail to have been dispatched do not form part of that contract.

cbryanp

Invitation to treat...

Thank you.

Sorted.
I'll let you off this time because you have a Syd Barrett avvie OP but holy schmoley.
greatest666

I'll let you off this time because you have a Syd Barrett avvie OP but … I'll let you off this time because you have a Syd Barrett avvie OP but holy schmoley.

Thx
My brain hurts
wtf you want ?
klopikxda

wtf you want ?

People want to know what the question was you crazy diamond.
greatest666

People want to know what the question was you crazy diamond.

It wasn't the most eloquent question but I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to work out he was asking if the product pages on amazon represented an offer on their part of an invitation to treat.
It's really hard to understand ?

"Amazon - "Invitation to treat" or "offer" ? "

How we should trait Amazon deals ? As "Invitation to treat" or "offer" ?

One person gave me an answer for my question.Thanks.

Edited by: "klopikxda" 5th Feb 2012
Op - div or div?

Please explain.

I've read that comment a couple times now,

and I genuinely haven't got a clue what your on about oO

klopikxda

It's really hard to understand ?"Amazon - "Invitation to treat" or … It's really hard to understand ?"Amazon - "Invitation to treat" or "offer" ? "How we should trait Amazon deals ? As "Invitation to treat" or "offer" ?One person gave me an answer for my question.Thanks.

Situations when your acceptance isn't capable of binding the other party right away means that most of these scenarios would be an invitation to treat. Why would you think Amazon would be different to any other retailer? Something in their Terms or were you just wondering generally?
cbryanp

Invitation to treat...

Many times i've ordered from Amazon and every single item that was 100% missprice arrived.

Even 50m Hazelock for £0.19 .

Can anyone explain why Amazon is sending these if they have above T&C ???
Simple answer...They can choose to accept or reject based on their terms. They accepted the offer you made - just so happens it was a misprice.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions