EXPIRED

Amazon Item Reduced Price

i recently purchased a external hard drive from amazon for £70 and noticed it has now come down to £59.99, would i be entitled to recieving the difference or should i send the item back and buy it again? its only been under a week i've had the item

15 Comments

Banned

email them and ask could they refund you the difference, remember if not faulty i think its at a cost to you to return

drop em an email, worth a try, I know you're definately entitiled on preorders but not sure about normal orders....

Would you give them money if it went up in price a week later?

happened to me with a tv i bought i emailed them they gave me the difference.

i dun think ure entitled anything. None of the terms stipulate a price promise as far as i am aware. Amazon forever changes their prices, so they would be inundated with e-mail and refunds.

if u send the item back then u have to pay for the postage, u would have to send it back by special delivery or recorded delivery (only insuranced up to £35). So u probably won't be saving much, also if the item has been opened and used, and without fault then u won't be able to return this too.

i know u can order a new one and send the new one back using the old invoice but it seems a lot of trouble?

if u do e-mail Amazon then all the best

deejaychaos;7335668

happened to me with a tv i bought i emailed them they gave me the … happened to me with a tv i bought i emailed them they gave me the difference.

wow, worth a shot then i guess!

Original Poster

i've emailed them...i did read a few months back that if the price drops within 30 days of a purchased Amazon will refund the difference

hope it goes through

They stopped that offer a while ago, i suppose to make up for the lost revenue in P+P being free.

I've emailed them a couple of times and both times they said no.

I've done this before a couple of years ago. Amazon tend to be good and refund the difference. not sure if they still do it or not.

hypnoticstate;7335885

I've done this before a couple of years ago. Amazon tend to be good and … I've done this before a couple of years ago. Amazon tend to be good and refund the difference. not sure if they still do it or not.

Not done this for a year - nothing you can do. You will have to pay postage to send it back

Original Poster

i got a quick reply back and looks like good news;

Dear xxxxx xxxx,

Thanks for writing to us about the recent price change on "Western Digital Elements 500GB Portable USB 2.0 Hard Drive - Black".

I recognise you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Please note that we do not extend a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change was significant and you just received this item from us. Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of 10.91 GBP.

Refunds usually go through within 2 to 3 business days and you will see this amount credited on your next statement.

On the date the refund is completed, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, amount and payment details. You can see completed refunds when you visit Your Account, after receiving this confirmation e-mail.

WOOP WOOP!

Thank you Amazon :thumbsup:

If you don't ask, you don't get! And you have nothing to lose by asking. Well done OP!

wow, great stuff.

i got the same one, was on offer months ago at £54 ^_^

well done

keep the £10 they refunded you - for a spare psu for the hard drive as they are terrible and last just about 1 year. So register on WD site now buy a spare 5pin psu

I think you do have a 2 year warranty on the wd external though but if psu goes off and you want access to data they generally use specific wd 5 pin psu

Original Poster

just noticed the price for the hard drive has gone up to £75 now!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)11
    2. iPhone X 256GB for £569 on O2 - Pre Order1117
    3. Apples new update35
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)58474

See more discussions