Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon kettle warranty ?

Posted 13th May
Hi, we brought my grandad a breville kettle from amazon in September - didn’t start using it till December, so it’s been used for 5 months and it’s broken! It won’t boil. I thought that a kettle automatically came with a 12 month guarantee?

Amazon CS are saying it’s only 6 months? How do I check out the guarantee on the description? Thankyou!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
Get in contact with Breville:

"Breville Guarantees all products against defects caused by faulty workmanship and materials for twelve months domestic use, (3 months commercial use) from date of purchase. During this guarantee period Breville will repair or replace any defective product."
its 12 months, get amazon CS on chat and insist on a repair or replacement. Amazon Cs like to try and fob you of if you let them.
Any Brand new product comes with a minimum 12 month warranty, however you can get a repair replacement from Breville directly.

breville.co.uk/ser…tml
Uridium13/05/2020 16:04

its 12 months, get amazon CS on chat and insist on a repair or …its 12 months, get amazon CS on chat and insist on a repair or replacement. Amazon Cs like to try and fob you of if you let them.

Omg it’s what they’re doing right now! Thank you! I’ll stand my ground x
Wasn't from warehouse was it? Sometimes less cover on them
a666andy13/05/2020 16:10

Wasn't from warehouse was it? Sometimes less cover on them

No it wasn’t x ahhh I see
I have been told by cs all products sold by amazon have a two year warranty and amazon warehouse one year.
Love__Bargains13/05/2020 16:14

I have been told by cs all products sold by amazon have a two year …I have been told by cs all products sold by amazon have a two year warranty and amazon warehouse one year.

Wow really!!! I’ve been told to now contact breville themselves x
Love__Bargains13/05/2020 16:14

I have been told by cs all products sold by amazon have a two year …I have been told by cs all products sold by amazon have a two year warranty and amazon warehouse one year.

Keep a credible record of that rubbish.
Uridium13/05/2020 16:04

its 12 months, get amazon CS on chat and insist on a repair or …its 12 months, get amazon CS on chat and insist on a repair or replacement. Amazon Cs like to try and fob you of if you let them.

Utter rubbish.
retailers tend to take responsibility for faulty products themselves in the first 6 months, then they often refer you to contact the manufacturer direct, where the 12 months guarantee comes from.

each retailer will have their own length of warranty, where they will repair the product themselves, take it back and take responsibility for liaising with the manufacturer to repair the fault, or give you a new replacement.

breville themselves will be able to repair or replace the item under the manufacturer's guarantee if you contact them direct.
Your contract is with Amazon they should be the one to sort it out, if faulty kettle is under guarantee.
ellie_girling2213/05/2020 16:15

Wow really!!! I’ve been told to now contact breville themselves x

Amazon is being a little colourful, but also arguably helpful. Consumer Rights Act 2015 provides mandatory 6 months merchant obligation, plus further period up to 6 years after purchase for the customer to bring any product post-6-months claim against the merchant.
After first 6 months and prior to offering any corrective action the merchant can demand that you prove the issue was present at time of purchase.
As you are at month eight it seems that Amazon is suggesting you go the potentially easier route of seeking any solution via the manufacturer's gesture of goodwill warranty.
Some easy-read interpretation of CRA 2015 here: which.co.uk/con…act
AndyRoyd13/05/2020 16:25

Utter rubbish.

yeah your probably right , I always assume a minimum of 12mths though and whenever pushed Amazon have always backed down in my experience. I always push them as dealing with a manufacturers repair process can often be cumbersome and slow. I've waited weeks and months for manufacturers to repair items, pushing amazon to replace or refund can be a much speedier resolution.
Uridium13/05/2020 16:39

yeah your probably right , I always assume a minimum of 12mths though …yeah your probably right , I always assume a minimum of 12mths though and whenever pushed Amazon have always backed down in my experience. I always push them as dealing with a manufacturers repair process can often be cumbersome and slow. I've waited weeks and months for manufacturers to repair items, pushing amazon to replace or refund can be a much speedier resolution.

in the OP's case, considering the current covid 19 crisis, it will be quicker to go direct to breville as amazon would ask for the kettle to be posted back to them, and then they in turn post the kettle to breville. it will be quicker to deal with breville direct as it is their product after all so they will take responsibility for it.

similar question came up on hukd recently about a bosch lawn mower with b&q. i think in the current environment, retailers are directing customers to go direct to the manufacturer to cut out them having to act as middle man, which is now not as easy as it used to be before the pandemic.
mutley113/05/2020 16:44

in the OP's case, considering the current covid 19 crisis, it will be …in the OP's case, considering the current covid 19 crisis, it will be quicker to go direct to breville as amazon would ask for the kettle to be posted back to them, and then they in turn post the kettle to breville. it will be quicker to deal with breville direct as it is their product after all so they will take responsibility for it.similar question came up on hukd recently about a bosch lawn mower with b&q. i think in the current environment, retailers are directing customers to go direct to the manufacturer to cut out them having to act as middle man, which is now not as easy as it used to be before the pandemic.

Amazon won't ask for kettle to be returned to Amazon until the customer provides a credible independent report stating that the issue was present from date of purchase.
Thanks all! They’re refunding me the money and I don’t have to send the kettle back, so that saves a trip out! Thanks again xx
ellie_girling2213/05/2020 20:23

Thanks all! They’re refunding me the money and I don’t have to send the ket …Thanks all! They’re refunding me the money and I don’t have to send the kettle back, so that saves a trip out! Thanks again xx

That’s good
who’s refunding you amazon or breville?
Edited by: "snoopy18" 14th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions