Expired

Amazon Kindle free replacement if yours is "frozen" Save £40

Found 7th Oct 2012
My wifes kindle keyboard developed a fault known as being "frozen" and amazon seem to have adopted this term for any fault relating to the screen, whether or not it is actually frozen.

After a quick bit of research this appears to be a common fault and tends to happen just outside of warranty cover also that amazon are quite happy to offer a repair service for £40.

Long story short: phone them up and explain that your kindle is frozen and that you have followed the troubleshooting page, they will offer to repair it for £40, explain that this is a common fault that they have clearly recognised as they are offering a repair service and that the sale of goods act 1979 covers items for upto 6 years (5 in Scotland). The "kindle expert" will not have an understanding of this act so ask to speak to a manager, i was then put on hold and after a couple of minutes it was ok for me to send back the broken one and they would replace it with a new one. Happy days

To boot as they no longer do the bog standard kindle keyboard, i am now getting a Kindle Keyboard 3G which is another saving of £30.

The only thing you need to do is remeber to send the old one back as they will charge you for the new one if you dont.

If you have already paid for a repair i would be tempted to get onto them and try to get a refund.
Community Updates
15 Comments
Thanks for the heads up, will remember this just in case.
SuperEd
Thanks for the info moved to misc as a 'heads up' will let some family members know
Original Poster
Should have said as well: If the fault develops after 6 months from date of purchase the onus is on the customer to prove that there is an inherent fault. Shouldn't be a problem seen as it seems to be a common fault.

I wasn't asked to prove it, not sure if they just wanted me off the phone
thanks for the info my kindle in now 12 months old but is stiil running ok just hope it does not develop the frozen screen.
Thanks mclovin909
Just followed your advice and got a free replacement wingin its way as we speak.
Original Poster
Great news, another happy chappy
What if someone else bought it for you on their account? but you don't speak to them?
Original Poster
The chuck it in the bin and buy a new one.

Your probably in a better place now ☺
what's their phone number
Original Poster
Have look on Amazon.
My wifes Kindle ketboard has just frozen, tried the troubleshoot, but to no avail. I spoke to a so called expert , but did not fix it. I did not know about the sale of goods act 1979, what exactly is this?
fastrakuk

My wifes Kindle ketboard has just frozen, tried the troubleshoot, but to … My wifes Kindle ketboard has just frozen, tried the troubleshoot, but to no avail. I spoke to a so called expert , but did not fix it. I did not know about the sale of goods act 1979, what exactly is this?

Epic thread bump..

You don't know what the SOGA is?

oO

5 secs in Google:

legislation.gov.uk/ukp…/54
Original Poster
Ask Amazon for a free replacement as, under the sale of goods act the item was supplied with an inherent fault (the screen) and DON'T accept the £40 charge that they will initially try to say it costs. If they claim thats all they can do, ask to be put onto their manager.

IT WILL BE REPLACED FREE OF CHARGE.
Thank you mclovin9091, all sorted, they are replacing it FOC, only downer is they say delivery will be mid November, still worth it though lol. Once again thank you
Original Poster
That it thats down to them not having any in stock?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants