Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon laptop return

Posted 21st Jan
hello , need some help with this. im not so sure this is allowed. returned a faulty laptop this is reply.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. We have further-checked and can confirm your order was originally placed with us on 27/02/19 and received back at our Warehouse on the 6th January 2020.
As such, it has been received back with us after the 30-day returns policy we have in which we can offer a full refund to the order for its return back to us. This is currently considered an under-warranty service.

Due to this, we can confirm the unit was serviced after receipt back with us and is now ready to be returned back to you so you can use it further and we have requested a confirmation of your return address, which we have not received yet, as Amazon hides your details from us once 30 days pass from the purchase date due to their new Data protection policy.

As such, please provide us with your current delivery address to which we can ship the item back to. Should you decline to supply us with one, and insist on a refund, given it is above the 30-days returns policy in which we can offer a full refund, we will be entitled to levy up a 30% re-stocking fee.

Additionally, in regards to the postage costs for the shipment back to us, we can confirm this is now above the first 6 months after purchase, and as such the customer would need to cover the postage costs back to us.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
s_mZ0S21/01/2020 16:00

i didnt really want it back as wasnt impressed with the quality. after …i didnt really want it back as wasnt impressed with the quality. after little/ light use so maybe 3 months from now it breaks then im out of pocket again that was my concern. not the end of the world i know . i find them not very professional. the least i can do is leave a nice juicy 1 star review everywhere. ive contacted trading standards to shed some light with regards to rights etc as im curious.

What's wrong with you? It was broken, they fixed it - end of story. It doesn't matter if you like the machine or not. Noting the seller did wrong.
Was it new? Who was the seller? What was their warranty policy? There’s not really enough information on your post.

Looks like they’re charging postage for you to send it to them for repair - seems reasonable.

Are you seeking a full refund after almost a year? Can’t see that happening!
17 Comments
What were the dates like you bought it when returned it when, the fault appears fixed and they want to send it back..
Was it new? Who was the seller? What was their warranty policy? There’s not really enough information on your post.

Looks like they’re charging postage for you to send it to them for repair - seems reasonable.

Are you seeking a full refund after almost a year? Can’t see that happening!
Sounds like you bought from a Marketplace seller and not directly with Amazon.
Do as they ask and provide the address for it to be posted back to you at and pay for the postage.
Assuming OP did actually purchase a laptop and return same to trader, all seems to conform to stat consumer obligations, unless there were any more beneficial gesture of goodwill benefits stated at time of sale but not mentioned in OPs story.
I would consider a refund if they will allow it atleast you will not be out of pocket.

This could be a marketplace seller. Although not the same, i pourchased a ps4 which seems to have a faulty disc tray, i went on their online chat and informed them it sounded faulty. They said as it's been six months I would have to contact Sony and get a repair code from them or the likes. Argos would then provide an exchange and not a refund.
ive now received this email back. ive just gave in and gave them my address to return it. im aware there 3rd party.

Message from seller Laptop Outlet UK:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Further to your return ,the product was faulty. It has been repaired, and can now be returned back to you. This is in accordance with UK Trading law, and Amazon guidelines. This will be our final notification. Should you decline to confirm the return details within the next 24 hours, then we will, as stated in our prior message, refund your account less the aforementioned amount, as we are indeed entitled to in law.

Kind regards
Bratan
LO Team
i didnt really want it back as wasnt impressed with the quality. after little/ light use so maybe 3 months from now it breaks then im out of pocket again that was my concern. not the end of the world i know . i find them not very professional. the least i can do is leave a nice juicy 1 star review everywhere. ive contacted trading standards to shed some light with regards to rights etc as im curious.

i didnt really want it back as wasnt impressed with the quality. after …i didnt really want it back as wasnt impressed with the quality. after little/ light use so maybe 3 months from now it breaks then im out of pocket again that was my concern. not the end of the world i know . i find them not very professional. the least i can do is leave a nice juicy 1 star review everywhere. ive contacted trading standards to shed some light with regards to rights etc as im curious.

The application of consumer rights appears correct. The choice of wording by the trader's CS team may be erring towards blunt rather than professional, but the content appears correct.

Assuming the issue happended at approx month 10 of ownership then the trader has gone beyond statutory consumer rights by repairing the item without requesting additional info from you. That would be an unusual objection concept to present to TS.

What's wrong with you? It was broken, they fixed it - end of story. It doesn't matter if you like the machine or not. Noting the seller did wrong.
Sounds to me like you’re trying it on after deciding you don’t like it 10 months down the line.

You’ve been given 2 solid options, what more do you want?
i have no choice but to take the laptop back. please dont get panties in a twist or have a metal episode , sharp pains down your arm. i would prefer if the seller was more polite per say or whatever. i think in future if anyone here is making purchase from 3rd party seller keep these things in mind like you must pay postage etc, even more so when its these kinds of laptops like iota and coda etc. maybe spend bit extra get asus, dell or somthing. not all sellers are like this some are pretty good in my experience.
s_mZ0S21/01/2020 21:21

i have no choice but to take the laptop back. please dont get panties in a …i have no choice but to take the laptop back. please dont get panties in a twist or have a metal episode , sharp pains down your arm. i would prefer if the seller was more polite per say or whatever. i think in future if anyone here is making purchase from 3rd party seller keep these things in mind like you must pay postage etc, even more so when its these kinds of laptops like iota and coda etc. maybe spend bit extra get asus, dell or somthing. not all sellers are like this some are pretty good in my experience.

Are you on drugs? The seller has repaired the faulty laptop and offered it back or a refund. You are a nightmare customer, the seller sounds pretty decent.
lol , good night
s_mZ0S21/01/2020 21:21

i have no choice but to take the laptop back. please dont get panties in a …i have no choice but to take the laptop back. please dont get panties in a twist or have a metal episode , sharp pains down your arm. i would prefer if the seller was more polite per say or whatever. i think in future if anyone here is making purchase from 3rd party seller keep these things in mind like you must pay postage etc, even more so when its these kinds of laptops like iota and coda etc. maybe spend bit extra get asus, dell or somthing. not all sellers are like this some are pretty good in my experience.

After 6 months of ownership the trader has the right to ask you to show the fault was present from day one, prior to agreeing to consider a no-charge repair. The seller appears not to have exercised that right and in not doing so has saved you a load of hassle and still provided the no-charge repair. And all you want to do is spread low-rated reviews around the web.
Door handle.
Op is why I take reviews with a pinch of salt
Companies lose business when they have acted perfectly
Edited by: "snoopy18" 22nd Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants