amazon left my order outside my door???

basically today when i was going to leave my house about 12pm i see theres a box outside my door and im thinking wtf and i check it, its my amazon order left outside with 2 360 games and a few minor kids toys.

Made me well shocked as i live on a very busy road. Is there anything that can be done about this.

34 Comments

well amazon didnt leave them there...the carrier did lol

i had this with my cat, i complained and they said their couriers weren't allowed to do this - mmm i said well they did, left mine next to my wheely bin, good job it wasn't bin day!

mad when i have loads of neighbours to leave it with

they dont have time (especially around this time of year) to go around checking every neighbour. Some even refuse to sign for parcels.
would you rather have it returned to the couriers depot for you to collect?
I agree, the doorstep probably isn't the best place to leave it though.

Yeh you wont believe this but i bought a cam the other day like £150 one and guess what the potman delivered it to me no sig or anythig he just handed me the parcel

Original Poster

yh i meant TNT. How do they know if i have recieved it?

HU5TLER

i dunno - but i thought it was something i bought on ebay and i open it up and its a digi cam -- thank god my postman isnt dodgy

Didnt even have anything on it just my name - no amazon or recorded del

Ive had friggin posters off play.com send by parcel force

dandoc2

i dunno - but i thought it was something i bought on ebay and i open it … i dunno - but i thought it was something i bought on ebay and i open it up and its a digi cam -- thank god my postman isnt dodgyDidnt even have anything on it just my name - no amazon or recorded delIve had friggin posters off play.com send by parcel force

i would wait a few days then email where you bought it from asking where it is as you not received it. ask for a tracking number :giggle:

they left my wii at the door as well, luckily no one found it

m623d

they dont have time (especially around this time of year) to go around … they dont have time (especially around this time of year) to go around checking every neighbour. Some even refuse to sign for parcels.would you rather have it returned to the couriers depot for you to collect?I agree, the doorstep probably isn't the best place to leave it though.

Yes I definitely would - I've had this happen a few times, if they're going to leave the parcel they could at least put it out of plain view round the side of the house or something. Given the choice of the courier leaving a box with several hundred pounds worth of items on the front door in plain view of anyone walking by or taking it back to the depot I'd much rather the latter as at least it would be safer.

John

for all they know its just a box of books etc.
I do agree with you, if it is to be left it needs to be in a 'safe' place and not on view.

Shanecr has a good point!

Amazon have been using Home Delivery Network, who surprisingly I have found to be quite good (but I have been in when they have called)...however google HDNL and you will find no end of complaints about them leaving stuff on peoples doorsteps. In fact I read don't know if this is true, the staff work commission based, have to pay their own fuel costs and get paid 50p per dropoff and have to attempt 3 times before it goes back to depot...hence one of the reasons they tend to leave stuff unattended on doorsteps!

shanecr

i would wait a few days then email where you bought it from asking where … i would wait a few days then email where you bought it from asking where it is as you not received it. ask for a tracking number :giggle:

Bought it from amazon.co.uk

what order ? i didnt see it, did you ?

Banned

Could have been worse, they could have left your order outside my door:giggle:

cicobuff

In fact I read don't know if this is true, the staff work commission … In fact I read don't know if this is true, the staff work commission based, have to pay their own fuel costs and get paid 50p per dropoff and have to attempt 3 times before it goes back to depot...hence one of the reasons they tend to leave stuff unattended on doorsteps!

Dunno about the commision but I'm sure the rest is true. Home Delivery Network used to be known as White Arrow, I worked for them briefly in the late 90s, back then they paid 40p per parcel and the couriers had to pay all their fuel costs (of course fuel was a lot cheaper then). They we're s*** then too.

Last year I was off work ill. Waiting a delivery of something from Amazon. I must have slept through the doorbell ringing, but was rudely awoken by my back door slamming shut!!
I jumped up and found a box in the middle of the kitchen floor. Cheeky sod had tried my door to see if it was open (He didn't know if anyone was in as the wife had the car!)
I phoned Amazon to complain bitterly and they didn't seem at all surprised. £5 voucher for my trouble. If I buy anything from Amazon now, I always have it delivered by royal mail, the lesser of two evils!!

It is about 50p and you cover all your own costs. It is often refered to as Housewive Express. You get a lot of old duffers too.

my postmans latest trick is to get the green recycling box empty the contents all over my drive the put it upside down over the parcel on my doorstep grrrrrrr

loupomm

well amazon didnt leave them there...the carrier did loli had this with … well amazon didnt leave them there...the carrier did loli had this with my cat, i complained and they said their couriers weren't allowed to do this - mmm i said well they did, left mine next to my wheely bin, good job it wasn't bin day!mad when i have loads of neighbours to leave it with

The couriers left your cat next to the wheelie bin??? :w00t:

I didn't know you could get pets delivered from Amazon.

Banned

Greg

The couriers left your cat next to the wheelie bin??? :w00t: I didn't … The couriers left your cat next to the wheelie bin??? :w00t: I didn't know you could get pets delivered from Amazon.

Lol
Perhaps it was a Jaguar, they come from the Amazon :giggle:

This is something that really annoys me and should not happen. It's the couriers/postman at fault not amazon or the other companies, if it doesn't fit through the letter box it should be taken back to the depot.

The only way these couriers will learn is if they keep getting hit with claim for lost parcels

see the royal mail thread i have had 3 parcels in a few weeks been left behind my bin visible from the road and edge of my path

im waiting for another parcel from amazon and this best not be left outside!

i worked as a courier for yrs ,i worked for pony express , dhl , tnt etc etc

firstly as a courier you get paid per drop , 2 yrs ago i was getting 150 a drop due to distance covered , we of course had guidelines as to what to do but alot was left to the courier , what a customer sees as safe and a courier is 2 different things , i was allowed to stick parcels into plastic bags and lauch them over back gardens , this was concidered safe , i chose not to do this , i would hide things at doors though be it behind bushes or obsured from view of the path and road but not obscured enough that the customer cant find it , ive had this happen where a customer cant find the parcel , i dont enjoy driving 80 miles to a customer to show that they havnt a brain , i didnt get paid for this either such is the life of a courier

for the people hinting at deception can i say that 3 proofs of description are taken when a parcel is left or more , we can and would call the cops if someone were to try it on , its normally clear and concise , out of the 52 couriers working out of our depot there was just 1 who hadnt been present at an investigation by the cops , normally we would have to give a statement , if the value were to be concidered too large to ignore then we would have to turn up whilst the cops would ask the owner if the parcel had turned up yet , its amazing how many people suddenly remember they found it inside the car port behind the bin after all when faced with a search of their homes , another thing to concider is we are all self employed and can be fined for the price of the goods , you may feel bitter if someone is shoddy and there are some couriers who defo should be down the job centre not in a van but have a heart , i would leave the house at 5.15 am to get to work and was contracted to work till 9 at night at which point i could then go home , it was a poor exsistence not made easier by traffic , impossible to please people , an ignorent uncaring boss and low wages , im glad im out

a delivery guy left a couple of wiis on the bar the other week
had a look on trcking and it said it had been delivered and showed proof

it had shown i had signed for the delivery even though i hadnt

jasonrat

a delivery guy left a couple of wiis on the bar the other weekhad a look … a delivery guy left a couple of wiis on the bar the other weekhad a look on trcking and it said it had been delivered and showed proofit had shown i had signed for the delivery even though i hadnt

this can happen when a courier is in a rush and believes the parcel to be safe , if he knew the contents and still left them unattended then hes what we call friggin stupid , get a claim in as the sigs wont match

http://www.emeraldnotwork.net/pics/hdnl.png

HDNL seem to like so leave stuff on our doorstep or in the green recycling bins, sometimes we're in but they don't even ring the bell:w00t:

ouch

i can tell you a story to give you an idea of what some people are like , we were told to place parcels into an upside down recycling box as it wont be emptied ( if its got stuff in it then anyone with common sence wouldnt use the bin ) , upside down being the key words here , if your in london and on an O.U course in 2005 then my thoughts go out to you after a new person decided that the place to hide the open university courses that people were waiting on was in those nice big black bins we all have ,,,,, on bin day , doesnt take much to imagine what happened , he got a bad case of being sacked , i always took pride in what i was doing and tried to treat people how i would expect to be treated ,sadly not all couriers are the same

i have had loadsa stuff left on my doorstep sometimes i receive it sometimes it gets nickedif its been nicked hard luck on the delivery driver for leaving in sight especially round my area sometimes the stuff has been left outside the front door when we have both been in no one knocked nothing only time we knew it was there was when we went out and see it sitting there

did the same to me - he just left the wii on the doorstep - no card or anything - the first I knew about it was when I checked my online status and it said Left on Doorstep - silly barstewards

I dont think the Couriers really care at this time of year. I went to the depot to pick up a parcel first thing in the morning - want to see how they were hadling the goods.

The couriers generally leave stuff round the back of our house in the blue paper bin. Lost a dvd box set once though as (helpful) neighbour put bin out on paper day:-(

I recon its okay if it is out of sight and the delivery guy posts a note like "its under the grey box near the bin".
Thats happened with me before with Citylink.

My mates new PC was left in front of his door in a council estate.

Amazons courier did that to me last year as well, they left my package outside my gf's neighbours front garden with nothing telling us of this and when I eventually foundout the package was mine, it was soaking wet. :x

HU5TLER

A lot of packages sent out by Amazon at the moment have a TNT address label on them, but are actually delivered by Royal Mail (your friendly postie!)

TNT just don't have either the resources, or the inclination to deliver them themselves, so they pass the items on to Royal Mail, who then appear to treat them as second class post!

This is why they often arrive later than Amazon's estimated delivery dates.

This has happened to me a few times now, and I have got fed up about complaining to Amazon about it, and asking them why they don't just send out this sort of thing by Royal Mail in the first place... even second class would be quicker.

I guess they have probably got some sort of a contract with TNT though which saves them .01p per package or something! :x

It is part of the TNT contract. They deliver to the local sorting office and RM deliver to the house. They do it all the time with letters.

alternate

It is part of the TNT contract. They deliver to the local sorting office … It is part of the TNT contract. They deliver to the local sorting office and RM deliver to the house. They do it all the time with letters.

I'm sure that is the case, although it's a shame that it does seem to increase the overall delivery time though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions