Amazon Logistics

Posted 18th Dec 2019
I have a package I'm waiting for coming from Amazon, the delivery slot they have given me is from 8AM to 8PM, is there any way of finding out a rough time of when the courier will be here? Or even finding out which courier company is delivering it?

I've had a few orders where I can track the courier and see how many stops away they are, but sadly this time that doesn't seem to be available. I'd rather I didn't have to sit on my arse all day when I could be doing something productive.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Amazon Logistics are their own couriers - I can't track mine until he's about 10 stops away, then it'll notify me to track him.
They normally give me an estimated delivery time in the morning and then another notification when they're 8 stops away.
Ha, would you believe it. I've just refreshed the tracking page and it's now saying the courier is 8 stops away!

Thanks
It will say 8am to 8pm but assume that it will be later on in the day as when it gets a little closer you'll get an updated time slot with a smaller window, and then finally when it's nearer to delivery you'll get that map view showing how many stops away the driver is. So depending on what you've got to do today or how far aways it is you could always go out and then head back home when the update changes to the map view. Alternatively why not just mark the delivery option as being to leave it with a neighbour if you are going out, and then when you get back home change it to delivery it your door as normal.
Another good reason to use the lockers, and the postage is cheaper too!
if you have the app, you can track the delivery from I think its 8 stops before your, maybe a few more.
eslick18/12/2019 12:17

if you have the app, you can track the delivery from I think its 8 stops …if you have the app, you can track the delivery from I think its 8 stops before your, maybe a few more.

I've ordered too much from amazon prime this month. One delivery driver asked me if I was tracking (which I was, I was ready at the door after he turned up) and since then when he delivers anything I don't get a notification when he's 8 stops away, happened twice now.

Other drivers I still do though.
Edited by: "Gynx" 18th Dec 2019
Item has now been delivered. :-)
esar18/12/2019 12:16

Another good reason to use the lockers, and the postage is cheaper too!

Cheaper than free
Gynx18/12/2019 12:23

I've ordered too much from amazon prime this month. One delivery driver …I've ordered too much from amazon prime this month. One delivery driver asked me if I was tracking (which I was, I was ready at the door after he turned up) and since then when he delivers anything I don't get a notification when he's 8 stops away, happened twice now. Other drivers I still do though.

That's odd. Does he not like you waiting at the door and saving him time? Do you think he turns his tracking device off before he reaches you?
Would be interesting to know.
notalwaysright1919/12/2019 08:01

That's odd. Does he not like you waiting at the door and saving him time? …That's odd. Does he not like you waiting at the door and saving him time? Do you think he turns his tracking device off before he reaches you?Would be interesting to know.

I thought the same thing I saved him from the hassle of waiting those seconds, without making it too obvious, its not like I had the door open when he was eight stops away and flagging him down (honest!). I just knew the next van to pull up outside would be for me, and at least waited until he got out of the van to open the door.

I honestly don't know if it's even possible, but it's happened twice with the same delivery driver now, I'm not concerned about it, parcels still arrived, just found it a bit funny and curious about it, so it's become a bit of a funny thing to say.

Parcel yesterday was a different driver got the usual notification.

Wont be able to investigate it anymore just for curiosity because I'm done with my pre-Christmas amazon present binge.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions