Amazon - Lost/Stolen parcel - Help!

Found 17th Dec 2012
Okay so here goes:

I ordered some items using Amazon Prime on the 13th (£130's worth). I get in from work to find a note through the door explaining that they have been left behind the bin on the 14th(what the ****).

Needless to say the parcel was not there, i rang up and they sent an immediate re-placement order, AGAIN i recieve a note today saying the replacement parcel was behind the bin, which was not there!!

I'm obviously going to ring up and create hell about this, but where do i stand on this?? how will they believe me? It looks like I've stolen 2 parcels! does this affect my account/rights in any way?

Anybody with a bit of know-how, of how these things work regarding lost/stolen parcels please help!
Community Updates
48 Comments
Where do you live?

I will put your bin out for you
Have you checked in the bin.

they're pretty much guaranteed to send you a replacement, obviously its unfortunate and they'll be unhappy about sending the replacements but they definitely should do
put your bin inside
is this a yodel thread yet?
can it be delivered to a collect+ store as amazon offer that now
Was it my hermes by any chance? Ive had three parcels from amazon over three weeks and all where left IN the bin...
this time leave a note on the door though saying to post it to a neighbour, that way if it does go missing youll know whos fault it was
Oh, somebody is watching your bin.
Would think your binman is expecting a tip this Christmas.

Seriously thou I had a similar situation last Christmas ( courier left £400 parcel behind gate) and amazon were great. They resent the order next day as it was couriers responsibility to ensure the security of the parcel till you receive it.
can you get it delivered to your work place?
splatsplatsplat

put your bin inside

He tried that they nicked is tellie & christmas tree
my guess is it's Yodel.
Home Delivery Network.

So far will be on my account as £260+ parcels 'gone missing' - nothing i can do about it i suppose? Is there a way to leave a message on the parcel for the courier to wait for a signature?
The bin is a port key Harry!
Are the couriers meant to be leaving the parcels with a neighbour? Or what`s their other option if you`re not in?
Just got off the phone, they are sending yet ANOTHER replacement, and are claiming the driver* got my signature!! (Must be a magician) seeing as i was at work.

Edited by: "jinx745" 17th Dec 2012
You going to give the contents of the "missing" two parcels as Christmas presents?
jinx745

Just got off the phone, they are sending yet ANOTHER replacement, and are … Just got off the phone, they are sending yet ANOTHER replacement, and are claiming the driving got my signature!! (Must be a magician) seeing as i was at work.

you could have asked for them to send it to amazon locker. I'm sure they'd offer it for free, as this is the 2nd replacement.
Edited by: "kunyk" 17th Dec 2012
kunyk

you could have asked for them to send it to amazon locker. I'm sure … you could have asked for them to send it to amazon locker. I'm sure they'd offer it for free, as this is the 2nd replacement.

None in my area unfortunately
jinx745

Just got off the phone, they are sending yet ANOTHER replacement, and are … Just got off the phone, they are sending yet ANOTHER replacement, and are claiming the driver* got my signature!! (Must be a magician) seeing as i was at work.

Look on Amazon at the tracking , see what it says, not sure you can see signatures
id ask to see the sig! they sign for us tho..cos we took a parcel in for a neighbour and he just shouted 'ill sign love' and went..
i have order things in the past where they have just left the parcel on the doorstep!!

luckily i live in an ok area and it has not been stolen but how stupid of them
jinx745

Is there a way to leave a message on the parcel for the courier to wait … Is there a way to leave a message on the parcel for the courier to wait for a signature?

If you`re at work how long are they meant to wait?
Happens a lot more than you would think, especially with click and collect items.
jinx745

Home Delivery Network.So far will be on my account as £260+ parcels 'gone … Home Delivery Network.So far will be on my account as £260+ parcels 'gone missing' - nothing i can do about it i suppose? Is there a way to leave a message on the parcel for the courier to wait for a signature?

Tag added: [ hotukdeals.com/tag…ted ]
Hide the bin.
HDN driver said i signed for a parcel once or twice to the name of MR SMITH...Needless to say my name is not mr smith.

Scamming couriers.
plumberman01

id ask to see the sig! they sign for us tho..cos we took a parcel in for … id ask to see the sig! they sign for us tho..cos we took a parcel in for a neighbour and he just shouted 'ill sign love' and went..

I did, I got the 'Oh sorry we dont have the ability to look at signatures'.

Complete and utter joke is this.
hermes have left parcels beind my bin and didnt even bother to put a card through door
The Therapist

Hide IN the bin.

fixed
J4GG4

HDN driver said i signed for a parcel once or twice to the name of MR … HDN driver said i signed for a parcel once or twice to the name of MR SMITH...Needless to say my name is not mr smith.Scamming couriers.

Well they obviously would know your name so they signed a name they know isn't you for a reason
my delivery driver put card in my letterbox saying left by bin. i was just getting out shower i came down read it and driver was just getting in van. bin is by my front door shouted him said where is item he looked at me opened side door got out my item i said thort it was by bin he grinned and tried to speak English or rather pretended he couldn't speck english i know he can because he has delivered many times to me before. worst thing is what would he do with a dog gate?
Can you not have the item delivered to work? i know most companies dont mind.
Hermies have said previously that I signed for a parcel but I never did, I put a complaint in at H&M they sent out another parcel and this time the neighboor took it in. I wish I had the chance of speaking to these guy's who say they got a signature.
Another time I ordered a game from Play and 3 weeks after the order I chased it up only to find Hermies said there was no one in!! It was a cd game stick it through the letter box GRRRRRRRRR
when u get next order make sure your in but dont answer door straight away see if delivery driver writes a note but dont put item behind bin, i got a feeling hes fleecing you?
You would be surprised at how clever (or how blatant) these couriers can be, even down to knowing the weights of certain boxes to guess what could be in them.

Not that hard to figure out a nice Xbox 360 or PS3 console, especially if it comes from Amazon, with their logo plastered all over the box.

Remember, these items are dropped off at their house as well if it is a HDN courier, must be easy to whip the scales out X)

Edit: Don't mean to tar everyone with same brush, just mean these strange stories of cards left with parcel disappearing or not even attempting at all.
Edited by: "JmeH" 17th Dec 2012
I do have sympathy but if you know a couple of parcels have already gone missing, leave a note on the door if you have to go out saying DO NOT LEAVE SAFE
Can't you get it sent to your work?
You must be a idiot, its ovious the driver is taking it each time, so easy for him just to say he got it signed, and then sign it himself and keep the parcel.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants