Amazon Marketplace "Just Launched" Seller? Legit? What do you think?

Found 18th Apr 2017
I am looking at getting some books from amazon and I have looked on the marketplace and the cheapest seller for a couple is listed as
"Just Launched". I have never seen this before, am I protected by Amazon and is my order "risk-free"?
Books include "Crazy Is My Superpower" and "Mass Effect Andromeda Guide"

I would jump in, and give them the benifit of the doubt as everyone starts somewhere and I imagine its hard to get on amazon marketplace. However I've never seen this in all my years on amazon, and bizzarley everything from them is listed as 8.99. Is this safe?
Community Updates
13 Comments
No for the sake of a couple of a quid don't do it
Protected by Amazon A-Z guarantee
Original Poster
puddles9999

This was my initial response, however it must be hard to get on the amazon marketplace? And why risk the legal ramifications for them for a few quid?

puddles9999

What on earth are you on about? Just launched is a brand new seller that's all. If you or I set up a marketplace account today it would show as just launched. You're fully protected with Amazon.
It's a well known scam going on currently. I presume Amazon are trying to tackle this

They offer long delivery dates so the 30day refund expires meaning it could take a couple of weeks for Amazon to refund you

retaildive.com/new…54/

wsj.com/art…600
Edited by: "*Sloman*" 18th Apr 2017
If you pay for any item directly on the genuine Amazon website, then you will be protected from losing the payment should things go pearshaped, but not protected from any potential hassle involved in making / proving a claim.
Just launched is just a new seller. All have to start somewhere. You could try googling the name of the company and see if they have any background on any other selling platforms?
If everything they sell is 8.99 it's probably a scam
I don't trust "just launched" or those with very low scores doubly so when the prices are substantially lower than the norm for that item
Banned
Ive been scammes twice by just lauched sellers, stay away from they
It's quite obviously a scam. Under what realistic scenario would a new seller have a stock of 5500 books, all at £8.99?
dxx

It's quite obviously a scam. Under what realistic scenario would a new … It's quite obviously a scam. Under what realistic scenario would a new seller have a stock of 5500 books, all at £8.99?

Plausibly: when the new seller is sufficiently ignorant of the marketplace portal to incorrectly allocate the same price to all stock that may or may not be immediately available to that seller and the seller's supply chain. However, I do not disagree that the circumstances are highly questionable.
*Sloman*

It's a well known scam going on currently. I presume Amazon are trying to … It's a well known scam going on currently. I presume Amazon are trying to tackle thisThey offer long delivery dates so the 30day refund expires meaning it could take a couple of weeks for Amazon to refund youhttp://www.retaildive.com/news/report-amazon-marketplace-sellers-hacked-robbed-of-thousands-in-sales/440154/https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-coms-third-party-sellers-hit-by-hackers-1491816600

how about using the word if ? you don't know whether it has a long delivery date or not.

op, if it's got a reasonable delivery time then go for it. it's covered by amazon.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions