Amazon Marketplace seller telling porky pies - any advice?

Hi all

I bought an item from an Amazon marketplace seller yesterday but recieved a cancellation today telling me the item was out of stock.

On checking the seller is still selling the item but the price has increased.

It was obviously a misprice & if they had said that in their cancellation then fair enough but I am really hacked off about them trying to bull**** me.

I assume there aint nothing I can do as no money was taken from my credit card but surely they arent allowed legally to lie to customers?

9 Comments

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Report them to Amazon - they're very strict with their marketplace sellers![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Exactly. I agree, report them.

Original Poster

I called Amazon & blokey there seemed unconcerned that the reason they has given was not true.

I did push him & he said he would forward to relevant dept but I'm not convinced he will have from the apathy I was picking up.

Tomb;2560313

I called Amazon & blokey there seemed unconcerned that the reason they … I called Amazon & blokey there seemed unconcerned that the reason they has given was not true.I did push him & he said he would forward to relevant dept but I'm not convinced he will have from the apathy I was picking up.

I'd call amazon back up to speak to another person! Seems as if he could be a lazy employee.

Tomb;2560313

I called Amazon & blokey there seemed unconcerned that the reason they … I called Amazon & blokey there seemed unconcerned that the reason they has given was not true.I did push him & he said he would forward to relevant dept but I'm not convinced he will have from the apathy I was picking up.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Write to them, then they can't ignore it![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

I just got an email from amazon asking if my problem had been resolved with my phone call - When I click no it offers me the option of taking it further by email so I will do that.

I've also emailed the seller to tell them i'm not impressed & plan to take it further if they dont resolve it.

I doubt Amazon will be bothered to be honest, I've seen other sellers doing this and in those circumstances Amazon did nothing.

John

This has happend twice to me this month. Couldnt be arsed with complaining tho, I should have, the more people complain the more chance it will get dealt with.

Is there some way to complain about companies that charges your credit/debit card and don't deliver because of pricing error? Better off going after those companies imo. Happens all the time.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Better watch out for these...914
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763990
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087

See more discussions