Amazon Mastercard Possible Replacement/Play.com Visa

6 replies
Found 20th May 2009
If you have an Amazon MC you might be aware that it will become a bog standard Halifax one in a few weeks. I only used mine to collect points for Amazon Vouchers and so have been on the hunt for a new one. I got a email today advertising the Play.com Visa Card (MBNA) which offers 1 point per pound spent anywhere (2 points at Play.com). This is even better than the 0.5 point per pound given by Amazon!
Also spend £150 in the first three months and get a £15 voucher straight away.
The offer is linked off the play.com home page (small banner at the top).

6 Comments

nice...! why dont you post it as a deal?

anyway, i wonder if anyone who already has an MBNA group CC would be able to do this?

Original Poster

I already have a MBNA Virgin Card, and I seemed to get through the app process successfully. They even told me how much credit limit was. (However on the app page where it asks what cards you have I wrote Virgin, as technically this is the name of the card lol). I think they do a credit check there and then though, as the webpage told me to wait for a few seconds while it decided.

OK.. thanks.. i might give it a try

the 1.5% balance transfer fee is also interesting

Original Poster

nuabdi if you take a look at the deal here you'll understand why I didn't want to post it as a deal myself!:
hotukdeals.com/ite…nd/

Only just saw this thread! It is getting a bit cold in there
I personally think the rewards = good and free money, oh well!

Have a look at the coop-cash back credit card. You get 0.5% cashback and 1% cashback for coop purchases.. They also advertise all the eco-respect stuff as well!!

6 months puchases and 6 months BT 0%!!

Cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions