Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon Music

Posted 16th Dec 2019
I recently started the free offer of 90 days Amazon Music, after joining Prime.

Can the music be downloaded to play on an MP3 player, etc ? Or can I only listen to it ? I can't see anywhere to download the music.

I don't really listen to music on my phone or own an Echo. If that is it's target audience.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to modern tech.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
You can’t download the music to put onto an MP3 player no
Arto16/12/2019 21:03

You can’t download the music to put onto an MP3 player no

OK, thanks. So is it just a streaming service whilst logged on to Amazon ?
Hull-Tommo16/12/2019 21:05

OK, thanks. So is it just a streaming service whilst logged on to Amazon ?

Yes
I download the music on the app on my phone, not sure about anything else though
claire751916/12/2019 21:05

I download the music on the app on my phone, not sure about anything else …I download the music on the app on my phone, not sure about anything else though

That’s so you can listen whilst your not connected to the internet but can’t be exported
claire751916/12/2019 21:05

I download the music on the app on my phone, not sure about anything else …I download the music on the app on my phone, not sure about anything else though

Maybe I need to catch up and start using my phone...
The music is encrypted so there is no way to export it and play it anywhere else
The mixer on your sound card can be used to record in real time if you are using a PC.
If a song lasts 14mins and they do then it will take 14mins to record.
(Convert to .flac or .mp3 later)

A cable on the analogue audio out to aux in will also work.

I've never had to do the 2nd option.
Edited by: "Gort1951" 17th Dec 2019
Gort195117/12/2019 15:55

The mixer on your sound card can be used to record in real time if you are …The mixer on your sound card can be used to record in real time if you are using a PC.If a song lasts 14minutes and they do then it will take 14mins to record.(Convert to .flac or .mp3 later)A cable on the analogue audio out to aux in will also work.I've never had to do the 2nd option.

Would be far easier and quicker to just use a YouTube converter
I've used similar but sometimes it does not work or you cannot download it at the same quality.

It takes longer with the mixer but can be worth it if you find some rare music on youtube that is hard to get, even from torrent sites.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions