Amazon Music Storage Service to end - download your songs by April

Found 30th Mar
Just a heads up if you use Amazon Music and their storage services.

Amazon originally announced the service was to end back in December, but it seems they have moved forward on removing your music, with deletion happening on April 30th.

2918375-RTB4a.jpg

"Amazon Music is retiring the Music Storage service. Select “Keep my songs” to continue to play or download the up to 250 uploaded songs in your library. Otherwise, these songs will be removed from your library on April 30 2018. Amazon Music digital purchases will remain securely stored for playback and download."

Should you have any music stored there, it's probably best to download it before the cut off date, as these will be removed from your library. You can do this through this link

Amazon notes that this change only affects music imported to Amazon Music from other sources. Any music you've purchased from Amazon or uploaded using Amazon's AutoRip service won't be affected. Amazon released AutoRip in 2013 as a way for users to sync CD tracks through MP3 matching, so at least the music that you paid for a long time ago won't be affected by Amazon's move.

Uploading personal MP3s isn't as popular as it used to be thanks to the rise of music streaming services. But at the beginning of the transition, some companies offered ways for customers to listen to their personal MP3 files along with music provided from the new service—Apple has iTunes Match and Google Music has scan-and-match as well. At the time, it was a convenient way for companies to encourage new users to sign on without abandoning the huge music libraries they may have already built up over the years. With more of the music industry moving to paid streaming, it makes more sense for Amazon to focus on its Music and Music Unlimited services.
Community Updates
Misc
13 Comments
I am a prime member and download quite a few on to my mobile so I can listen in the car, does this mean now I can't?
Misslovely16 m ago

I am a prime member and download quite a few on to my mobile so I can …I am a prime member and download quite a few on to my mobile so I can listen in the car, does this mean now I can't?

Tracks you have uploaded to Amazon will no longer be available, except for the specified 250 if you choose to keep them. Anything you have bought through Amazon will remain in place. I have over a thousand tracks on Amazon, but since I can't be bothered going through them to keep 250, I will just let them all go, I have the same tracks on Google Play Music anyway.
I nest get the few albums I can't find on amazon music uploaded quick sharp then!

Cheers for the heads up.
Hrmm I only signed up to this in December... that's annoying
This is one of the main reasons I own an echo. Bloody crap now. A lot of music I upload isn't available on Amazon. Guess I'll change to Google home.
FoxForce518 m ago

I nest get the few albums I can't find on amazon music uploaded quick …I nest get the few albums I can't find on amazon music uploaded quick sharp then!Cheers for the heads up.

Sadly google home isn't any better you can't play any music that isn't part of google play music pass, spotify or bluetooth
Thomas_Salisbury50 m ago

Sadly google home isn't any better you can't play any music that isn't …Sadly google home isn't any better you can't play any music that isn't part of google play music pass, spotify or bluetooth

Google have announced that the Google home mini will allow you to stream to Bluetooth devices. Also, don't Google let you upload 50000 songs to play music via the Google music manager?
support.google.com/goo…-GB

That seems like a feasible solution
Another option if you are able to have a device running all the time (raspberry pi 3 with windows on? I have a windows home server pc running anyway), is the MyMedia skill for Alexa. £5 a year and you can stream and play all your local music
tyketyson28 m ago

Another option if you are able to have a device running all the time …Another option if you are able to have a device running all the time (raspberry pi 3 with windows on? I have a windows home server pc running anyway), is the MyMedia skill for Alexa. £5 a year and you can stream and play all your local music

Does it play in multiroom?

That'd be ace cos I have a Ubuntu server running anyway with all my music on, it just gets used a lot less now, but I okay music on all my echo devices a helluva lot so that's a must.
Anyone with a good alternative then? I toopaid the £22 a year or whatever it was to play all my mp3s on my echos, and also the whole library in the cloud means I can have it on my iPhone whenever I want to. I’ve got loads of music that is live versions, demos etc, so I don’t just want to switch to something like Spotify, I want to listen to my mp3s
meathane13 h, 45 m ago

Anyone with a good alternative then? I toopaid the £22 a year or whatever …Anyone with a good alternative then? I toopaid the £22 a year or whatever it was to play all my mp3s on my echos, and also the whole library in the cloud means I can have it on my iPhone whenever I want to. I’ve got loads of music that is live versions, demos etc, so I don’t just want to switch to something like Spotify, I want to listen to my mp3s

Upload your music to Google Play music. I have my entire cd collection stored in my account and I'm not a subscriber. Connect your phone to your echoes via Bluetooth and use the Google play music app to play your music.

You can also stream your own music to a Google home without a sub.

I have both Echoes and Google homes in my house.
FoxForce514 h, 37 m ago

Does it play in multiroom?That'd be ace cos I have a Ubuntu server running …Does it play in multiroom?That'd be ace cos I have a Ubuntu server running anyway with all my music on, it just gets used a lot less now, but I okay music on all my echo devices a helluva lot so that's a must.

It does, well it can play different tracks in different rooms, not tried one track streaming to all at once yet. And yep can get it on Ubuntu too
mymediaalexa.com/
esrothwell30th Mar

This is one of the main reasons I own an echo. Bloody crap now. A lot of …This is one of the main reasons I own an echo. Bloody crap now. A lot of music I upload isn't available on Amazon. Guess I'll change to Google home.

I *think* from several confused conversations with Amazon that anything you have already uploaded will stay as long as you hit the "keep my music" button in the 'my subscriptions page. I bloody hope so
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants