Amazon new seller with no sales risky?

I noticed a seller on Amazon that seems to have amazing prices for some laptops, an example is £700 for a laptop on sale at Scan for £1700. These are new but the seller has no sales and I'm concerned, should I buy or not ? would you ?

21 Comments

No, I would not.

No, avoid. This was discussed here this week. I'll see if I can find thread

If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is!

Original Poster

Company is a limited company with an address in Scotland. Not all their items are cheap but some do stand out as cheaper then you might expect even if not latest stuff.
Edited by: "PulisOut" 3rd Dec 2016

Company Info

Mrs Zenith Raja holds 1 appointment at 1 active company, has resigned from 0 companies and held 0 appointments at 0 dissolved companies. ZENITH began their first appointment at the age of 37. Their longest current appointment spans 1 years, 7 months and 4 days at EXPRESS STORE LTD

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where ZENITH holds a current appointment equals £0, a combined total current assets value of £0 with a total current liabilities of £0 and a total current net worth of £0. Roles associated with Mrs Zenith Raja within the recorded businesses include: Director

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/1454+Pollokshaws+Rd,+Glasgow/@55.8280741,-4.2934389,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGvNe208NPEBb2YmHFjsiaw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x4888464564917129:0x3bc15730e369ffdb!8m2!3d55.8280669!4d-4.2934579!6m1!1e1

Get me some milk while you are there.

Edited by: "getmeone" 3rd Dec 2016

Could not find thread...was last Monday. I remember it being reported then product disappeared. Was involving a massive saving on a xbox game. It's a scam.

Original Poster

getmeone

Company InfoMrs Zenith Raja holds 1 appointment at 1 active company, has … Company InfoMrs Zenith Raja holds 1 appointment at 1 active company, has resigned from 0 companies and held 0 appointments at 0 dissolved companies. ZENITH began their first appointment at the age of 37. Their longest current appointment spans 1 years, 7 months and 4 days at EXPRESS STORE LTDThe combined cash at bank value for all businesses where ZENITH holds a current appointment equals £0, a combined total current assets value of £0 with a total current liabilities of £0 and a total current net worth of £0. Roles associated with Mrs Zenith Raja within the recorded businesses include: DirectorGet me some milk while you are there.

Well done, have you had dealings?

I did see that, but it means nothing really as I've got one of those that looks worse then that :-)

PulisOut

Well done, have you had dealings?I did see that, but it means nothing … Well done, have you had dealings?I did see that, but it means nothing really as I've got one of those that looks worse then that :-)

No dealings, but this stuff is part of my day job Even if you had a negative figures it would look better than that. ;-)

Original Poster

getmeone

No dealings, but this stuff is part of my day job Even if you had a … No dealings, but this stuff is part of my day job Even if you had a negative figures it would look better than that. ;-)

Yes but that wouldn't be upto date would it.

Avoid. better to be be safe than sorry. But seeing your username. I guess you are
a risk taker

Original Poster

shabbird

Avoid. better to be be safe than sorry. But seeing your username. I guess … Avoid. better to be be safe than sorry. But seeing your username. I guess you are a risk taker

Hi hi no I just prefer quality of content :-) I'm in no hurry.

How do you even have to ask?

You should change your avatar to Baldrick.

was on watchdog this week about these 3rd party sellers popping up on amazon they tell you to complete the purchase outside of amazon and your money's gone one bloke even contacted amaz about an item listed amazon told him he would be covered he wasn't took watchdog to pressure them into getting him his money back

Here is the example of Amazon based 3rd party seller who appears to have not pulled a big scam just last week. Smart people learn from their mistakes. Smarter people learn from other peoples mistakes,

hotukdeals.com/dea…278

Original Poster

catbeans

How do you even have to ask?You should change your avatar to Baldrick.

I think that's a bit unfair to be honest. The stupid thing to do would have been to list one or more of the cheap item as a deal and order something. Part of my motivation asking here was to draw other people's attention to what could be a scam. On the face of it it's a start up company with a lot of stock not just the odd item. And any purchase via amazon is covered by them so only really annoyance risk.

I don't see point of saying it's too cheap to be true. On amazon I've bought plenty of stuff that seems too cheap to be true. £10 item now £59, £130 item that's £270 everywhere else, I bet others have done the same. If you look you can find bargains but that doesn't mean you don't have or use common sense.

If you think it's a bargain go buy it !!
No need to try to justify your mistake on here if you get ripped off
Edited by: "aabs" 3rd Dec 2016

Original Poster

aabs

If you think it's a bargain go buy it !!No need to try to justify your … If you think it's a bargain go buy it !!No need to try to justify your mistake on here if you get ripped off

The are so many attention seekers on here. Only Amazon are being ripped off here, even if I bought something I would a) go though amazon checkout and b) pay with a credit card < in both cases I would be 100% covered if the item didn't turn up or wasn't as advertised.

But keep responding with stupid comments because the more who read and find out the dangers the better as far as I'm concerned.

what's wrong with just going ahead and buying it, though? if you don't receive it, or if it's not the right one, amazon will get you refunded straightaway will they not?

anthony212

what's wrong with just going ahead and buying it, though? if you don't … what's wrong with just going ahead and buying it, though? if you don't receive it, or if it's not the right one, amazon will get you refunded straightaway will they not?

​As I posted before. My mate bought a i7 processor really cheap. He thought it was to good to be true. He received a tracking number but was expecting it to arrive quickly from UK. Was just over 2 weeks he got a worthless medallion from China. He then opened a case and got his money back, but why bother getting messed about? He called it right and suspected a scam but bought anyway.

Original Poster

anthony212

what's wrong with just going ahead and buying it, though? if you don't … what's wrong with just going ahead and buying it, though? if you don't receive it, or if it's not the right one, amazon will get you refunded straightaway will they not?

I might have but have a bad week with parcels may have put me off :-)

Sent one, it's got lost.
Expecting one, it's lost my address or something now back a depo.
Waiting for one to be picked up, the never come Friday or Saturday.

For those reckoning that Amazon will cover any issues with 3rd party sellers, your naivete is likely to cost you dear. Amazon protection is pretty poor for market place orders in my experience. These new sellers on laptops with suspicious prices who want you to contact them especially are an epidemic at the moment.

Edited by: "jazzuk777" 4th Dec 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1517
    2. Iptv1228
    3. Music download79
    4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions