Amazon next day delivery... it's friday and they are saying 4hrs left to order for monday!

Found 16th Mar
Title ^^. I pay for prime damnit, it's Friday night and Amazon is saying next day delivery will get me my item on monday if I order within the next few hours. Am I missing something here or have they stopped delivering at the weekends.

It seems like they please themselves as to when you'll get something with 'next day' delivery.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
26 Comments
Mod
There are a couple of things that I've found affect delivery date. Firstly, if it's an age-restricted item, they usually only send these to me using UPS who I've found to be dreadful. No local drop-off points and nearest depot is about 25 miles away.

The other thing I've found is that at some point my address had accidentally been ticked as a business address not able to receive weekend deliveries. I'm sure there's an option somewhere to enable weekend deliveries but probably easier removing and re-adding your default address.
I think it's your location i.e how far you away from the depot, what's the link for the item and I can check on my Prime if it's next day delivery.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 16th Mar
Could be the potential bad weather this weekend. As I had the same issue when it snowed at the start of this month. Covering themselves with longer deliver times.
Original Poster
RiverDragon815 m ago

I think it's your location i.e how far you away from the depot, what's the …I think it's your location i.e how far you away from the depot, what's the link for the item and I can check on my Prime if it's next day delivery.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

and

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

I know it depends on the depot usually, I live near their dunfermline depot in fife. But usually even then they'd deliver it on sunday instead of saturday. I definately have the boxes ticked to enable weekend deliveries too @BeerDrinker

@andy186186 that could be it.... but bloody hell
I ordered a small Lego set on Tuesday (via Prime) meant to deliver on Friday and they didn’t. Now they hope it gets delivered tomorrow. (ST Patrick’s Day in Northern Ireland - good luck).

Amazon are losing their way.
bad weather expected over the weekend.
33453725-qyyWQ.jpg33453725-sp9dq.jpg
Maybe size of your depot? can't handle delivery?
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 16th Mar
longbowassassin7 m ago

bad weather expected over the weekend.

We're in the UK; bad weather is expected every day.
fanpages15 m ago

We're in the UK; bad weather is expected every day.

Been nice today in Lancashire.
longbowassassin2 m ago

Been nice today in Lancashire.

That doesn't lower the expectation from yesterday.
Its happening all the time - bad weather or not . I think Amazon are having big problems in delivering on their promise that snared so many mugs ! (myself included )
I had this happen the only time I paid for next-day delivery a few months ago, but this was when it was actually ordered
get on chat and get ask for a free month of prime for every prime delivery not delivered on time. i did this on 4 items in a short time and now magically mine all arrive on time
billysablo8 m ago

get on chat and get ask for a free month of prime for every prime delivery …get on chat and get ask for a free month of prime for every prime delivery not delivered on time. i did this on 4 items in a short time and now magically mine all arrive on time

More of the same shoddy service is not a great incentive.
fanpages6 m ago

More of the same shoddy service is not a great incentive.

as i say it improved back to next day if i ordered in time. but yes i agree 100% its gotten a lot worse lately for prime deliveries
TomBoyNI1 h, 21 m ago

I ordered a small Lego set on Tuesday (via Prime) meant to deliver on …I ordered a small Lego set on Tuesday (via Prime) meant to deliver on Friday and they didn’t. Now they hope it gets delivered tomorrow. (ST Patrick’s Day in Northern Ireland - good luck). Amazon are losing their way.

NI also, literally just ordered a pair of trainers on prime and it saying Friday 23rd March.
cecilmcroberts19 m ago

NI also, literally just ordered a pair of trainers on prime and it saying …NI also, literally just ordered a pair of trainers on prime and it saying Friday 23rd March.

As I say losing their way. I have been with prime for years now but it seems that in the past few months they have really dropped the ball.
Both those items are for delivery tomorrow for me. Derbyshire
Original Poster
Thanks guys and especially @RiverDragon8@ScubaDudes for checking that for me, really appreciate it! Amazon are getting worse it seems. I'd understand if they couldn't deliver tomorrow, but why not Sunday?
Blaze_VR13 m ago

Thanks guys and especially @RiverDragon8 @ScubaDudes for checking that …Thanks guys and especially @RiverDragon8 @ScubaDudes for checking that for me, really appreciate it! Amazon are getting worse it seems. I'd understand if they couldn't deliver tomorrow, but why not Sunday?

They do push dates out because of the weather, and not only at the place near you as the item can come from anywhere, stress of high sales times like Black Friday to Christmas and amount of drivers they have in the area at weekends. Try lockers they often get deliveries at weekends where there are no house deliveries and also check if they think you address is a business, they won’t deliver to businesses on weekends. You can sometimes play around with the dates, next day could be Monday but choosing weekends may be possible. Expect in the future next day will go after the mess last year and the ASA threatening to investigate.
Here's how I fixed the problem of not getting weekend deliveries:
Delete your address in your settings and add it back again, then make sure you've ticked weekend deliveries.
That's it.

I had enabled weekend deliveries before I deleted them, but I always had to wait until Monday.
The above worked for me. Give it a try
Everything for me is showing as Monday, even after trying the deleting/re-adding address trick.
Already posted, plenty of times.
They haven't guaranteed next day weekend delivery for ages. But you might get it earlier than stated.
Blaze_VR14 h, 28 m ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HZV9WTM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1and https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008W8C6YK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1I know it depends on the depot usually, I live near their dunfermline depot in fife. But usually even then they'd deliver it on sunday instead of saturday. I definately have the boxes ticked to enable weekend deliveries too @BeerDrinker @andy186186 that could be it.... but bloody hell

Says Monday for me too and I have Prime and I'm in Essex. Light snow at the moment if it matters.
I usually get deliveries fine on weekends.
Edited by: "hearts22" 17th Mar
I ordered Something yesterday morning and it said Monday for me too.
Im going to email them as it happens last time too.
Send them an email and theyll credit you a £5 or something still annoying when you pay for prime and expect next day delivery
AndroidMan14 h, 7 m ago

Everything for me is showing as Monday, even after trying the …Everything for me is showing as Monday, even after trying the deleting/re-adding address trick.

It doesn't seem to be an instant fix. I waited until the next day before checking again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants