Amazon - No Free Delivery to lockers?

Posted 24th Nov
Hi all,

I usually place orders over £20 to Amazon in order to make use of the Free Delivery option. Also, I have the items delivered to a local locker as it gets around the problem of missing a delivery and I've found it to be a bit quicker. However, on my latest order I'm not getting the option of free delivery unless I nominate my home address as the delivery point.

I've checked the obvious things: All items are sold by Amazon and are eligible for free delivery. The total value is over £20. Free options are given but only for prime members (not me).

Am i missing something or has Amazon removed the free delivery to lockers and pick-up points?
Dave
Community Updates
8 Comments
Possible just the lockers are busy.. I have 2 items going to lockers this week but I do have prime on my account.. check tomorrow as I am picking one up so there will be space.. or check if another locker is available in the area for example the galleries has 2 lockers near each other.
justanothercid24/11/2019 18:58

Possible just the lockers are busy.. I have 2 items going to lockers this …Possible just the lockers are busy.. I have 2 items going to lockers this week but I do have prime on my account.. check tomorrow as I am picking one up so there will be space.. or check if another locker is available in the area for example the galleries has 2 lockers near each other.

I thought of that. I left it a while and tried the order again. I also tried other lockers and pickup points. No joy.
Sometimes such as during busy periods the convenience of locker collection is reserved exclusively for customers that pay a Prime subscription. Seems reasonable. Some highly paid Amazon marketing algorhythm expect has obviously considered the pros and cons of this concept.
I have actually noticed that too! The delivery to a locker was a different price too than others. Seems like they want us to pay for that convinience now too
I have not been able to get a locker delivery in months - either they are full or there is a £1.99 delivery charge.
Yup, that seems to be how it is now.
Yes it’s the build up to Christmas so you could try a later date
If this is the case, I get why they are doing it. However, I did start looking for a cheaper deal elsewhere when I knew postage was a factor. I’ve had Prime in the past and it just wasn’t worth it for me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions