Amazon no fuss warranty return.

Posted 19th Apr
The little in has dropped his kids Kindle fire, and whilst still usable it has a crack accross the front. The Amazon warranty covers for this apparently, but trying to find out how to claim. I'm just going round in circles, thought it would be a easy process. If I got to orders it tells me the return window closed ages ago.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
alankfc0219/04/2020 12:09

Can you link the warranty stating this? Would be very surprised if I …Can you link the warranty stating this? Would be very surprised if I cracked screen is covered when caused by the user.

I can't find a direct link. The blurb on the kids fire landing screen states this..

40463780-cuJoV.jpg

Additionally the Q&A section shows that people have had water damaged and cracked screens fixed. I'm sorted now, they're sending out a replacement and I have x days to return the original.
Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 19th Apr
17 Comments
Just contact customer services on phone or live chat and they will sort it for you.
Cheers.
Accidental damage is not part of warranty unless it's clearly stated.
rimalpatel00719/04/2020 11:34

It is on the kids tablets.
Can you link the warranty stating this? Would be very surprised if I cracked screen is covered when caused by the user.
alankfc0219/04/2020 12:09

Can you link the warranty stating this? Would be very surprised if I …Can you link the warranty stating this? Would be very surprised if I cracked screen is covered when caused by the user.

I can't find a direct link. The blurb on the kids fire landing screen states this..

40463780-cuJoV.jpg

Additionally the Q&A section shows that people have had water damaged and cracked screens fixed. I'm sorted now, they're sending out a replacement and I have x days to return the original.
Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 19th Apr
Paddy_o_furniture19/04/2020 12:27

I can't find a direct link. The blurb on the kids fire landing screen …I can't find a direct link. The blurb on the kids fire landing screen states this..[Image] Additionally the Q&A section shows that people have had water damaged and cracked screens fixed. I'm sorted now, they're sending out a replacement and I have x days to return the original.

Didn’t realise there was a kids version which is double the price of the standard one. At leasts it’s getting sorted 🏻
Amazon are useless. I bought a usb type 3 that broke within 3 months. Told me that it's run its course and despite having 1 year warranty on listing refused to accept return.
Not what they used to be
dandoc219/04/2020 12:58

Amazon are useless. I bought a usb type 3 that broke within 3 months. Told …Amazon are useless. I bought a usb type 3 that broke within 3 months. Told me that it's run its course and despite having 1 year warranty on listing refused to accept return. Not what they used to be

Any "1 year warranty" stated on listing will be a manufacturer warranty or marketplace merchant's warranty, in which case the manufacturer / MP merchant holds the warranty obligation, not Amazon, unless Amazon is the manufacturer.
Worst company I know for customer service. First replacement may go with no issue but if you have any further issues, you're screwed.
Experience of this with dash cam and mobile phones.
Never had a bad experience with amazon, live chat always sorted any issues in my favour.
rimalpatel00719/04/2020 11:34

It is on the kids tablets. And very efficient it was too when were had one broke. Not even queried how it happened.
Just contact them via live chat and explain to them that the tablet has got a crack on it and they will either give you a full refund or a replacement
kh93833819/04/2020 14:34

Just contact them via live chat and explain to them that the tablet has …Just contact them via live chat and explain to them that the tablet has got a crack on it and they will either give you a full refund or a replacement

Yeah that's what's happened. Got 6 weeks to return the cracked screen one. New one arrives Saturday.
rwalto15919/04/2020 13:27

Worst company I know for customer service. First replacement may go with …Worst company I know for customer service. First replacement may go with no issue but if you have any further issues, you're screwed.Experience of this with dash cam and mobile phones.

Paddy_o_furniture19/04/2020 12:27

I can't find a direct link. The blurb on the kids fire landing screen …I can't find a direct link. The blurb on the kids fire landing screen states this..[Image] Additionally the Q&A section shows that peie have had water damaged and cracked screens fixed. I'm sorted now, they're sending out a replacement and I have x days to return the original.

AndyRoyd19/04/2020 13:05

Any "1 year warranty" stated on listing will be a manufacturer warranty or …Any "1 year warranty" stated on listing will be a manufacturer warranty or marketplace merchant's warranty, in which case the manufacturer / MP merchant holds the warranty obligation, not Amazon, unless Amazon is the manufacturer.

Amazon basics range. Refused to return it. Can only argue so much with someone based in India
dandoc221/04/2020 01:56

Amazon basics range. Refused to return it. Can only argue so much with …Amazon basics range. Refused to return it. Can only argue so much with someone based in India

You will see a UK-located registered office address on your Amazon invoice. No arguing required.
Email Jeff@Amazon
His emails actually get picked up
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions