Amazon no longer allows early prime trial cancellation

Found 9th Feb
They used to let you to cancel early and the prime benefits would be retained until it runs out in a month time. Now when I tried to cancel early, the page says “prime benefits would cease right away”.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
No doubt to stop people taking advantage of the free trial by making multiple accounts. Smart move by Amazon.
14 Comments
it still works for me.

Your Prime membership is expiring. Your Prime membership will end on 5 March 2018 and you will no longer have access to Prime benefits
derekduggan18 m ago

it still works for me.Your Prime membership is expiring. Your Prime …it still works for me.Your Prime membership is expiring. Your Prime membership will end on 5 March 2018 and you will no longer have access to Prime benefits

He/she is right. Just signed up for the free trial and cancelled it and it cancelled with immediate effect
That's dodgy! Any way to try and get people charged 'accidently'
No doubt to stop people taking advantage of the free trial by making multiple accounts. Smart move by Amazon.
dbzitb3 h, 32 m ago

That's dodgy! Any way to try and get people charged 'accidently'

If you have not used it 'accidentally', then Amazon will still refund you and cancel.

I forgot to cancel mine, but because I did not use it in the new month, they have refunded me etc
amazon logistics, bye bye prime
It's does allow early cancellation some people just lose all benefits with immediate effect. But you can still cancel early if you want to.
larrylightweight10 h, 12 m ago

It's does allow early cancellation some people just lose all benefits with …It's does allow early cancellation some people just lose all benefits with immediate effect. But you can still cancel early if you want to.

Basically what the op said
So they should. Pay for prime if you want it instead of just setting up new accounts.

Everyone wants something for nothing.
Just diarise to cancel a day before the trial ends. No problem.
chocci12 h, 34 m ago

Basically what the op said

Ok fair one I only read the title haha
Joined amazon prime (student) as I couldn’t be assed with making the new accounts every 30 days (after doing it for about 2 years.)
prime full price is too expensive, and they closed the family sharing loophole too
Never shopped with Amazon since we accidentally signed up to prime is it's very messy laid out website and we go charged. We didn't know we'd signed up to anything
Amazon exploit loopholes to avoid paying tax in the uk so nobody can complain if the public exploit loopholes in Amazon's services...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions