Amazon Non Delivery / External Error

Posted 27th May
Morning peeps,

Quick question, I ordered an item on Amazon on Saturday, with prime for delivery on Sunday. It didn't arrived due to an error.. see attached.

They are now telling me that I will not see this item and I am only entitled to a refund. The item is no longer available on the website at the price I ordered it. They can only offer me a refund?! But the item was fully dispatched?.

Where do I stand as this was a present for someone and now I can't get it for.them?!3472249-IN7RD.jpg
Any help be appreciated.
Daniel
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
This happened to me - but my parcel ended up in Spain!

i pushed and got a refund and £10 'goodwill' credited to my account, but they would not budge on re-sending the order at the same price
Push for goodwill £5 or £10 will be no problem.
Ive had £25 towards the new higher price on 1 occasion.
And £11.00 and £16.34 on another.
Edited by: "bigwheels" 27th May
Check the listing as it's possible Amazon don't have any stock left and the increased price is from 3rd party sellers. Happened to me with paint at the weekend, one of the tins they sent was completely the wrong colour but as they'd run out of stock they only offered to return it for a refund and re-order at the increased price from 3rd party sellers.
What is the problem? The the item will be delayed, that's all the tracking says.
Buckyball27/05/2020 09:06

What is the problem? The the item will be delayed, that's all the tracking …What is the problem? The the item will be delayed, that's all the tracking says.

OP
"They are now telling me that I will not see this item and I am only entitled to a refund. The item is no longer available on the website at the price I ordered it"
I had this a year or so ago on a monitor that never arrived. The price was then £100 higher after telling me there was no stock, I escalated and ended up on the phone to one of the managers who credited my account with the difference to reorder at the new price. So from my experience It’s worth pushing on this. Don’t use the chat as they can only go so far with the vouchers.
Edited by: "broycey" 27th May
deleted5655
Happened to me several times with mispriced items. Almost like they knew they had shipped the items at an incorrect price and recalled them from the delivery depots back to Amazon. I never bothered complaining.
Legally they are obliged to supply the item at the advertised price as a contract was formed. You paid and they accepted the offer by sending the goods. The problem is Amazon will refuse and can you really be bothered taking them through the small claims court for the difference between what you paid and the current price. Amazon customer service is as bad as it gets unless it is a straight forward query that they have a script for.
First world problems and sense of entitlement is quite high in this thread, and not only from the OP.

Are you guys even aware of your consumer rights?
Same happened to me. I complained & got a credit for the difference between the price i paid & the price it was now
Post a comment
@
    Text