Amazon - Now doing Video Games Trade Ins

I know its not a deal as such but for a heads up Amazon are now doing Trade Ins on video games.

Prices vary dependant on the age of the game but some examples are: -

Call of Duty - Black Ops PS3 - £27.00
Call of Duty - Black Ops Xbox360 - £29.99
Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit PS3 - £30.00
Assassins Creed - Brotherhood Xbox360 - £27.74
Fallout - New Vegas PS3 - £16.50

As far as I'm aware the trade in works by you selecting the games you wish to trade in and Amazon then give you a price for each game.

You then have 7 days to send the games to them free of charge and they send you a gift card as payment.

Seems a good deal especially given the 7 day price promise.

Martin

12 Comments

" its not a deal as such "

Original Poster

As the deal has now been moved you will need to use the following link to access the site: -

amazon.co.uk/tra…ein

amazon.co.uk/gp/…730

Edited by: "martinbickley" 10th Dec 2010

thegroutch

question is, will they start selling pre-owned games?

Looks like it. Amazon marketplace will be obsolete

Original Poster

Good deal with Need for Speed, buy from Game for £22.99 play it for a week then get £30 from Amazon.

Martin

Just remember to deduct the appropriate postage fees from the trade-in prices. I wouldn't send anything less than 1st class recorded, so all prices are -£1.75 for me. I certainly wouldn't send anything less than recorded- but would Amazon actually sign for hundreds upon hundreds of deliveries?

EDIT: Ooops, missed the 'free of charge' part
Edited by: "cookiemonster83" 10th Dec 2010

Interesting. Some of the trade in price are crazy low - £1 for Lego Batman? £4 for Bad Company 2? Really?!

I wonder if the low trade in prices for these games will be reflected in Amazon's second hand prices?

not too happy with the terms....
3 items max within 3 months

martinbickley

Good deal with Need for Speed, buy from Game for £22.99 play it for a … Good deal with Need for Speed, buy from Game for £22.99 play it for a week then get £30 from Amazon.Martin

Not really, let's say you ordered NFS today from play.com, when do Amazon need to receive the game from you?

Extremely low values for a lot of decent games. So it's only really worth it if you can buy a very new game at a cheap price.

flamingcarrot

?!I wonder if the low trade in prices for these games will be reflected … ?!I wonder if the low trade in prices for these games will be reflected in Amazon's second hand prices?

No. That is why Amazon are successful and make lots of money and rest of us don't quite match up to them.

Take a look at this:

Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City with Wii Speak (Wii) Nintendo … Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City with Wii Speak (Wii) Nintendo WiiTrade-in Value: £15.14Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City (Wii) Nintendo WiiTrade-in Value: £18.26

I think its 3 copies of the same game in 3 months - to stop bulk sellers..
Plus its maxed out at £150 per order for trade-in

Other alternatives and worth comparing for all products prices for trade in are
Tradeyourgames.co.uk
[url=Musicmagpie.com]Musicmagpie.com[/url]
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Beds33
    2. What to do?????34
    3. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
    4. Best VR games?22